Defensive Carry banner

"Park'ing" a Sistema

1K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  cphilip 
#1 ·
Came across this on Box'0'Truth ... the site has a new look since last I went.

Anyways - just some food for thought/inspiration - if you have a beat-up 1911 you wanna give a beauty treatment.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/edu52.htm

#2 ·
WOW! that was some job..... makes me want to buy some surplus 1911 parts and build my own. Great pics and great link....

#12 ·
I am impressed. Well built, good steel, spot on Colt specs, very nice and good value.
I agree ....... I have had mine quite a while and it is all a 1911 should be as the basic Govt A1 IMO. I did add a Chip trigger to mine (easy to revert to old steel trigger) and had to deal with a slight trigger action ''snick'' problem but it is a great gun.

My only gripe is the horrible sights - front site mainly but decided not to change that - keep gun original. This one dates to not much beyond 1950 IIRC. You probably saw the pic before.

#13 ·
No, can't say as I have seen that one before Chris. Thought I would have but cannot ever remembering this subject coming up. That one looks stellar.

Well these two have been completely gone through. New pins and springs and the internals are all nice and solid. One did need a new Mag release but that was about it. They are nice and tight and smooth. And had remarkably good bores too. Nice clean feed ramps and all. The previous owner had refinished these with Duracoat. Not in a pattern I would have chosen but still interesting and nicely done. One has the Government model seal and one does not. Both of these are from about 1957.

Yea the sights are "rudimentary" thats for sure. Not much but real REAL basic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.