Back in the Revolver Club Again...Ruger GP100 4": With "Festive" Pics - Page 2

Back in the Revolver Club Again...Ruger GP100 4": With "Festive" Pics

This is a discussion on Back in the Revolver Club Again...Ruger GP100 4": With "Festive" Pics within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by JD So last night I ended up picking up a NIB 4" Ruger GP-1011 in stainless steel, I was going to wait ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    So last night I ended up picking up a NIB 4" Ruger GP-1011 in stainless steel, I was going to wait and post this later tonight once I can go home and take pictures, but Rob99VMI04 had inspired me with his 220 SAO thread.

For those that don't know, Lima and I are now NRA certified instructors, and in order to teach basic pistol we need to fill out our stable a little bit, we still need a single action only revolver to fill one more spot, and preferably another semi auto pistol as I don't want students handling our ever so pretty 1911s, or HK P7 and we might be letting our Bersa .380 go if Chooie's wife takes a shine to it.

So we needed a good example of a DA revolver, and after much deliberation, we decided on the GP-100 in stainless for it's hefty weight, durability, and the fact that it's just a darn cool gun.

The only thing I don't like is the loose fitting transfer bar, after doing some research I found that this is normal, when you shake the gun you can hear the transfer bar rattle, can anyone tell me why? I'm guessing they want to keep it loose fitting to ensure that the bar moves freely, but one would think they could accomplish this without the rattle.

Pics will be added later this evening.

JD,
    Doesn't Lima work in a Gun store? Got this from Springfield Armory.
    You can get a XD/ S/A 1911/ M1A for a very good price or a Kahr trough Kahrs instructor program.. The only deal I've found on Glocks is GSSF membership offered at one time Glocks for the military rate of 399 +tax w/ 3 mags. Sig/ HK i doubt would give you any deals. However, Springfield is really good about helping people. Another company I would possible asked is Smith & Wesson.

This is what I sent to Sprinfield.

SA offers us a employee purchase program for Springfield products. It was something like 22% below dealer cost. I actually did take advantage of the program about 2 years ago when I purchased a M1A scout rifle for my father for christmas I think I paid about $900 for it can you asist.

Springfield's reply.

Any employee of an FFL holder can participate in the ProStaff Employee Discount Program. The form must also be signed by the FFL holder.

Do we have the FFL on file – if, so, I would be glad to forward information regarding the ProStaff Program. If not, please send a current FFL to my attention and request information regarding the program.

Thank you for your interest in Springfield!

Have a safe and happy holiday season!

Enjoy the day!

Best regards,

Patti

Ext. 8924

1-800-680-6866

Customer Service Representative

Springfield, Inc.

email: pattI@springfield-armory.com
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Ooh new tools! I always like new tools, especially shiny ones! Congrats on the instructor cert too.

I'd like to get certified as an instructor at some point, but I'm not going to commit to something like that until I'm sure I have the time and ability to put it in 100%. With the way work has been the last few months and the way it's looking in the near future, that's just not possible near-term.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Nice looking gun. I bought a GP 100 about 2 months ago as well. Although mine is not stainless. Mine has the blue finish and it is a great shooter. I picked it up for 2 1/2 Benjamin's

Quote Originally Posted by Rossman View Post
    Nice looking gun. I bought a GP 100 about 2 months ago as well. Although mine is not stainless. Mine has the blue finish and it is a great shooter. I picked it up for 2 1/2 Benjamin's
    Wow, that was a great deal! $125 for a GP 100 even if it isn't in great condition is a steal!
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    $100=Benjamin
    $50=Grant

$250 for a GP100 is pretty good, too.

Good choice. A 6" GP100 was my first firearm and I still have it! Built like tanks they are.

I'm rescuing this one. got it off GB for $280. Scratches will buff out. Dropped in new springs, added Fire Sights, and a Hogue Tamer grip. Going to send the cylinder out for throat matching to optimize for lead soon.

Previous owner must have had a drill through scope mount on it for bowling pins or similar. Don't know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby45 View Post
    I'm rescuing this one. got it off GB for $280. Scratches will buff out. Dropped in new springs, added Fire Sights, and a Hogue Tamer grip. Going to send the cylinder out for throat matching to optimize for lead soon.

Previous owner must have had a drill through scope mount on it for bowling pins or similar. Don't know for sure.

]
    I spotted a GP100 3" barrel and fixed rear sight being sold on consignment at a local gun shop. It's sound but dirty. The owner is asking $350.00 but I'm thinking of offering $250.00. A good cleaning and some different stocks might be enough rescue for this gun. Of course I won't pay the asking price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links