Gun safe

Gun safe

This is a discussion on Gun safe within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So, how is your gun safe arranged? Do you have your pistols in racks? What kind of racks? Where is your ammo? Extra mags? Let's ...

Thread: Gun safe

Gun safe

So, how is your gun safe arranged? Do you have your pistols in racks? What kind of racks? Where is your ammo? Extra mags?
    Let's hear about your ideas that worked and didn't work so we won't make that mistake too!
    "It does not take a majority to prevail,,,,,,but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." Samuel Adams

I keep my handguns in the boxes they came in, with spare pistol and rifle mags stacked on the shelves.

My ammo is kept in a seperate "Locker" (A stackon Security Locker) in a separate area of the house.
    Last edited by vernonator; December 14th, 2007 at 08:52 AM.

We have a Champion gun safe. There is a Velcro sheet that you can get for the door along with holsters with Velcro. This is good for small or thin pistols. The revolvers and large semi-autos are kept in two racks that sit on the top shelf.

Ammo and mags are stacked where we find space, like around the rifle butts and to the side of the pistol racks.

The safe we have is pretty full, so its either no new guns or get another safe. Make sure that you plan on some expansion because they don't take long to fill up. Be sure to buy the biggest safe you can afford or have space for.

I've got 2 vaults, one is a Liberty fire resistant 26 gun and the other a Browning 1983 30 gun vault. and my better hand guns are in stood up in 2 racks I got from Cabela's in the fire resistant vault. My older vault is not fire resistant and I use some powerful magnets on the top and stick my less expensive hand guns to them to the ceiling. I don't have enough room for boxes in either safe. On Edit, I've got ammo all over the house. I keep the most important ammo handy on top of one of the vaults. I also keep most of my hand guns loaded.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Fort Knox safe. Ammo on bottom. This summer, I took the inner door sheet metal off, and laid out 10 hanguns on it. I drilled it for 1/4"
    pegboard hooks, and covered them with automotive vacuum tubing. I found a roll of cork with sticky tape on back at Target, and covered the panel. Boxes moved to the garage, and I freed up some shelf space.

I have a Liberty. Ammo in the bottom. I'd like to do what ICTsnub did. Handguns on the shelf right now. Any possibility you could post some pics? While were on this. What do you all do with extra magazines? Any suggestions on how to keep them in some sort of order?

Quote Originally Posted by Argus View Post
    I have a Liberty. Ammo in the bottom. I'd like to do what ICTsnub did. Handguns on the shelf right now. Any possibility you could post some pics? While were on this. What do you all do with extra magazines? Any suggestions on how to keep them in some sort of order?
    Sorry, Argus, I'm film, not digital. Anyone know how to convert from cell phone camera? Still working on magazines, but I am Revolver heavy.

Ft. Knox here. I bought holsters with velcro on them from Ft. Knox that stick to the carpeted door. Work great!

Links