You Save The Day!

This is a discussion on You Save The Day! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; There has been a lot of discussion regarding Jeanne Assam, Joe Horn, and mass shootings lately. Also there has been discussion regarding how the media ...

Thread: You Save The Day!

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue

You Save The Day!

There has been a lot of discussion regarding Jeanne Assam, Joe Horn, and mass shootings lately. Also there has been discussion regarding how the media reports these events.

I haven't seen any interviews about Jeanne. I did see a video of the first press conference where she answered some questions. I can say that if I was to "save the day" in a situation like she experienced I would not want to be interviewed, hailed as a hero, and paraded around the TV news shows. I'm glad she hasn't been on the morning news shows or talking head shows with the various pundits. I believe that some interviewers would be friendly and most would at least be respectful. But any comments would be dissected more than presidential candidates are.

I can see how many of us could actually harm the armed citizen position by how others would twist our words. It would take a lot humility and a sharp and quick thinking mind to do articulate what we all need to be true.

How would some of you answer media questions? How long would you think you would want to wait before "going public" if you chose to. Would you accept a trip to the Today Show for an interview after stopping a crime such as the recent mall and church shootings?

I know I would want to avoid my face, name, and where I lived being splashed across the world. But I can also see the benefits of a the "right" person providing a positive platform to educate others about concealed carry.

Jeanne has done a great job and taken the best action. But it would be nice for the public to learn more about the desire and need to be ready to protect oneself.

It one thing when saving someone from a fire, drowning, accident, etc. but saving the day in a mall shooting, etc. is another.

Thoughts.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    The media is Liberal. I've heard everything from it was a "weapon" to the killer killed himself Personally I don't think there is hope. The media is so anti-gun its not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    The media is Liberal. I've heard everything from it was a "weapon" to the killer killed himself Personally I don't think there is hope. The media is so anti-gun its not funny.
    It's a feeding frenzy of sorts. The media portrays what's on most mindless American's thoughts. Nothing--so they would create their own headline news stories. While it appears our efforts are frugal, there is still hope----only for the strong of heart.

I would avoid the media at all costs. I wouldn't want my face on TV, nor my 'words' out in public...if it could be avoided!

Stay armed...quietly...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The media SAYS they portray what's on most mindless Americans thoughts, BUT, do they really? Have they just said that so much that we believe that too?
    That's why it is so important that We get our say and say it as much as they do and let Americans know that what the liberal mass media is feeding them is not the truth. Our speaking out in public and the ballot box is our chance to really get our view out there.
    On election day, my family has all been told that I will cook out steaks that evening after they vote. They have also been told, if you don't vote, don't show up. That practice is spreading to include the neighbors and it is bringing to a lot of folks attention what we stand for. Of course the signs in our yards help too but it is setting the example for others to get involved.
    Discussions among the neighbors have started already and it is quite encouraging to hear the females of all ages voice their disgust and disdain for a certain female candidate.
    We, in all our neighborhoods and web sites, etc., need to be heard over and over again and use the same tactics as the liberal mainstream media.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail,,,,,,but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." Samuel Adams

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitmaster View Post
    How would some of you answer media questions?
    At every possible opportunity, emphasize the need to STOP THE KILLING that the aggressor was engaged in.

"He had already fired a whole bunch of shots, and was obviously intending to kill and maim everyone he could. Those people are my friends and neighbors, and he would have killed every last one of them if he could have. I had the ability to stop him, and I did. The thought of what COULD have happened if nobody but the gunman had been armed scares me to death."

I'd avoid it.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Being put on display for killing someone would make me feel like I was in a short tight dress with no underwear. I'll pass.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Links