Gunman used hunting skills at Omaha mall

This is a discussion on Gunman used hunting skills at Omaha mall within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is crazy! Gunman used hunting skills at Omaha mall The world was stunned by the senseless shootings at the Westroads Mall and we mourn ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is crazy!

The world was stunned by the senseless shootings at the Westroads Mall and we mourn for the families and friends of the victims. While nothing can ease the pain of the survivors, it is time for the firearms industry and Nebraska Game and Parks to take partial responsibility for these wanton acts of violence, since incidents such as these expose the fine line between violence against wildlife and violence against humans.

Soon after the shootings took place, NBC4.com reported that Robert Hawkins was seen with a gun and was believed to be going hunting, something he did quite often. Hawkins now joins other infamous killers such as the teens who slaughtered twelve Columbine High School students in Littleton, Colorado in 1999, and the Jonesboro, Arkansas children who killed four classmates and a teacher in 1998, who were hunters before turning their guns toward people.

Sadly, the killing skills used by Hawkins are taught to Nebraska's children by the Game and Parks Commission under the guise of "Hunter Education." As long as state agencies conspire with the weapons industry in promoting violence as recreation, senseless killings will always take place.

Firearms and ammunition excise taxes are allocated to support and promote sport hunting - violence disguised as recreation - and the wildlife management business benefits every time a gun or ammunition is purchased, regardless of how those weapons are used. The time has come to re-write the firearms tax laws and have gun taxes support the medical/funeral expenses of the victims of gun violence, as well as supporting crime fighting programs.

Please join our members and supports in Grand Island and across the nation in eradicating the cancer of sport hunting forever. Visit www.cashwildwatch.org to help make the world a safer place for wildlife and people.

Joe Miele,

Vice President

The Committee to Abolish Sport Hunting

New Paltz, NY

Lead Moderator
    morons. email addy to tell what you think. cash@cashwildwatch.org
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    OH MY GOD !! What an idiot.
    Is this what's in my future? First deer, then people???? Had I known my hunting would lead to murder, I'd never started. I hope it's not too late for me to stop hunting...

Sadly there are people (sheeple) that read that BS and believe it. Even more sadly, the people that read it and believe it hava a vote that counts just the same as yours. You do vote don't you??

Roger

another guy trying to make cash off of another American tragedy. nothing new here.
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

I am afraid that I could never send this "maroon" an email as all I would tell him is what an idiot he is!

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Does that mean my baseball skills will eventually lead to me going on a mass clubbing rampage?

Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    Does that mean my baseball skills will eventually lead to me going on a mass clubbing rampage?
    Why don't you send him a note and ask? He seems to have all the answers, twisted though they are. I'd like to see his reply.

More 'drivel'.

Where do these people come from?!

Rather than blame the gunman or his parents, or rather lack there of as per current reports of his having been a ward of the state most of his youth (!), it's blame the state game commission!?!

How do you have such a thought and think of yourself seriously?

So by that extension of logic then auto accidents that result in injury and death, of Nebraskans, is directly the fault and blame of the Nebraska Office of Highway Safety, the Nebraska DMV, and all those driver education schools available for private instruction and in HS class environments.
    Oh, and lest not forget those dastardly fiends over at NASCAR, IHRA, Formula 1 (Bernie Eccelstone), WRC, and all those other motorsports organizations and alleged 'clubs' which do nothing but train Nebraskan children up in how to maim & murder the good people of Nebraska in their communities and along their highways and byways!
    Hell Rand McNally and AAA are complicitious too as they provide "maps" toward just how to go about doing these dastardly deeds to the highest of efficiency and toward maximal impact!

- Jim Jones made some mighty sweet Kool-Aid
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

All these hunter safety programs teach safety. They are not teaching people to hunt and shoot people.

Does drivers ed teach kids to kill people with a car? Does high school math teach you to cheat on your taxes? Does sex education teach the fine art of prostitution or promote rape?

What Joe Miele taught me is that some people have no reapect for truth or logic in their quest to impose their will on the people.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Yeah , I see no sense in emailing the guy either. Would'nt do any good and I don't want his junk email.

I really really hope that's an Internet troll. If someone actually believes that hunter education teaches you anything outside of basic gun safety they need to buy some riverbottom land from me.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Frequently, dinner requires a knife. Since such people must obviously become knife-wielding murderers because of that fact, it's crucial we now abolish eating.

We now return to our regularly schedule breathing exercises.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I dunno... read somewhere that the Butter knife was developed in Edwardian times to prevent dinner guests from having access to sharp knives whilst they got drunk and disorderly.

And everbody knows that wabbit huntin is da gateway to murder right?

*Sarcasm off*

*jaw hits floor with a loud clank*
    idiots

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links