LIFE in a gun store TV

This is a discussion on LIFE in a gun store TV within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I work Part time in a gun shop. We where all sitting around jaw jacking when one of the supervisors said man I wish the ...

Thread: LIFE in a gun store TV

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

LIFE in a gun store TV

I work Part time in a gun shop.

We where all sitting around jaw jacking when one of the supervisors said man I wish the reality show would film this.

????????????

"Excuse me!" I said

" Some affiliates that do reality Tv For Discovery and TLC are considering doing a reality TV show here at the shop from the people that brought you OCC, and Miami Ink" Supervisor

"You've got to be Joking!" me

So for a couple days I thought he it was a big joke...hahahaha jokes on Rob99VMI04.

Friday I show up for work and there is a camera crew. I was the only " certified instructor" who wasn't busy doing something when my manager said "Rob can you do a quick intro on the WASR and the AR for the reality crew?"

***? What the FREAK

Yep apparently they wheren't joking.

The crew was a contract "Reality crew" doing intro's for possible Reality TV shows like Miami Ink and Orange county choppers. They where both from NYC and had limited Firearms training. One was a guy the other was a female who was about a buck 10. I gave the intro on a SBR Rock River and a WASR Ak quickly debunking common mis media representations about them being fully auto. When they where ready to shoot I brought out a semi MP-5 (yes it actually was a HK MP5 dealer sample SBR no F/A capability. The full auto sears had been replaced with Semi's only. BTW we are a Class III dealer/ yes we do have a letter) that we have so she might enjoy her self more without the noise from the SBR Rock.

She had shot before but from former boyfriends/trainers who made her shoot dominant Right hand. I quickly found out she was L eyed dominant and had her shooting LH. She said later she had never shot and actually enjoyed herself so much. I had her leaning into the gun getting her cog very low and getting her nose over her toes controlling the MP very well. At 25 yards she was almost drawing smiley faces with the HK.

The plan was they where going to film a "Pilot" episode Saturday and Sunday and go. After they shot they quickly said we are not leaving until Monday.

I asked the female what the whole point of the show was. She said it was going to be similiar to Miami Ink and show the lives and customers of people who shoot. They did interview alot of people, mostly kids and there families and alot of women shooters. I think this show has endless Positive possiblities for a Reality show.

We will find out if Discovery Channel is going to pick it up, but for right now it was an extrememly interesting experience.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

2. Remove Ads

This could be very good for our image! Rob, you could be the next Hulk Hogan!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Administrator
    Cool!
    "Just blame Sixto"

thats awsome

I really hope this takes off. May get some new people in to shooting.As well as change some minds that all people with guns are crazy.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftyjuan View Post
    This could be very good for our image! Rob, you could be the next Hulk Hogan!
    Yeah "RIGHT" I'm not sure if i "can" be on film.

PS the Hulk comment is very flattering. Well got to find a cure for a Beer tumor.

Yeah I was thinking what would make this show "insteresting" We do have some colorful people working there, and after hours we have stood around Jaw jacking and solved every world problem that ever existed including:

Why citizens should carry guns?
    Who really was in the grassy knoll and shot JFK?
    The oil Crisis?
    Why we are in Iraq?
    When we are going to invade Iran?
    Were Hoffa's body is burried?
    Why Speed limits are BAD?
    9mm vs .45/ 5.56 vs 30 caliber which is the best?
    Glock vs 1911?
    Why the world is going to end in 2012 according to the Myan/Egyptian calenders?
    What Global Warming really is?
    Should we save the Carribou in Alaska to drill for Oil?
    Where would we go and link up when Zombies start taking over?
    Whos really going to be the next President?
    and much more.

If you have any question on what we have determined the answers to these questions Ummmmmm I know they have been discussed and logical conclussions have been made; however, honestly we had no scribe and did not copy the ulitmate resolution and therefore they are lost forever.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

So if the show takes off it is going to be based on the gun shop you work at? This sounds like it would be a great way to actually get the truth about firearms out on basic cable.

If they do I haope the shop has final say on what is shown, Media censors can change the whole show to anti slant. If they show what is real and don't twist it then great. but I for one dont trust any media, especially from New York.

At this stage I'll believe anything can work, on TV.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Keeping fingers crossed... It could be a very cool Cable TV program.

If Discovery doesn't pick it up, there's always The Outdoor Channel to consider!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

This is great, I'll keep an eye on this. Would be a great way to actively introduce others into the idea too - "Hey, check out this show on Discovery".

Yeah, maybe The Outdoor Channel, too. I just found out that I'm getting it come Dec. 31st! Go me!
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code

Semper Vigilans et Paratus

Most likely some corporate lawyer will nix the idea. Potential liability of some sort, after all we live in a sue happy society.
    But I like the concept.

Interesting Idea for a show....cool!

Links