Ruger's New 10/22 Pistol The Charger

This is a discussion on Ruger's New 10/22 Pistol The Charger within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well they finally did it. After years of not responding to certain upgrades people wanted for 10/22s they got back in front with their own ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruger's New 10/22 Pistol The Charger

Ruger's New 10/22 Pistol The Charger

Well they finally did it. After years of not responding to certain upgrades people wanted for 10/22s they got back in front with their own design and introduced the 10/22 pistol called the Charger. A complete breakdown is available on Gunblast.com

Direct link is http://gunblast.com/Ruger-22Charger.htm

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Well that's... interesting.

VIP Member
    Sweet. A 10/22 was my first "real" rifle, and they hold a special place in my heart all these years later. Truly, the one rifle EVERYONE should have, and this looks like a great addition/companion to the family.

ETA: Not getting it JD? What's not to like about a .22 pistol that can use the same mags as your 10/22, has the same manual of arms, and is purt-darned accurate out to 100m? Seems like a great small game/plinking/target/introduce a youngster to pistols kind of pistol to me!
    Last edited by JD; December 17th, 2007 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Removed "Friggen" Hey I got dinged once for it too. ;)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

It's too bad that they waited this long. I had already bought a Magnum Research Picuda and I am 90% complete on a virgin receiver from M.O.A. I would have much rather owned one from the original Ruger.

Administrator
    Thats neat... I guess.
    "Just blame Sixto"

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post

ETA: Not getting it JD? What's not to like about a .22 pistol that can use the same mags as your 10/22, has the same manual of arms, and is purt-darned accurate out to 100m? Seems like a great small game/plinking/target/introduce a youngster to pistols kind of pistol to me!
    Trust me I get all that, it's just that it's not that often that a firearm comes out that makes me tilt my head sideways, do a double take and get that silly stupid grin.

As a youngster gun, I think this thing will be awsome as there's no LOP issues and the bipod will keep it steady on a bench without fiddling with a bag or other type rest.

If anyhting, this just makes me want to go out and get a 10/22 so I can justify the Charger later, some how all my brothers got 10/22s from Dad, and I got an old Stevens model 56 with no magazine.

Now if they only made it in .22 mag.

JD
    Administrator
    I also find it funny that Browning made their .22 pistol into a rifle, and Ruger turned their rifle into a pistol...

VIP Member
    What?! You don't have a 10/22? For shame, JD, for shame...

I have two, and I find it hard not to buy another one every time I see some new permutation that strikes my fancy. I also have one at the bottom of the Intra-Coastal waterway, but that's another story entirely!
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I also find it funny that Browning made their .22 pistol into a rifle, and Ruger turned their rifle into a pistol...
    Yeah the Browning carbines are weird. I guess the 10/22 pistol isn't too bad though. Wonder if they improved the trigger pull over the rifles?
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    What?! You don't have a 10/22? For shame, JD, for shame...
    I just don't have the "need" for one at the moment, I don't do much plinking these days, but I'll get one eventually, there are other guns that I do actually need that take prioity.

The 10/22 isn't my first choice in .22 rifles, but I'll get one anyway.

The only .22 my heart has room for is the Browning Take-Down Automatic, the 10/22 is a close second.

Administrator
    Try the T/C classic, the 10/22 will fade away after that.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    I'm not saying the 10/22 is the best, but boy does it have sentimental value. And it is a very capable little rifle, especially considering you can mod it into anything from an absolute tack-driving target rifle to a Rambo-esque "assault plinker."

VIP Member
    I want one...but I want it in .17HMR......Then I could get 150yards out of it...
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

That is ugly as hell what is the point ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White View Post
    That is ugly as hell what is the point ?
    It launches bullet down range, what point is needed?

I kind of like it and may be interested if the price is right.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links