Defensive Carry banner

Rimfire Pics, Lets See the Plinkers!(Pic Heavy)

184K views 321 replies 198 participants last post by  rock185 
#1 ·
So we've all seen the concealed carry gun threads, and the "What Do You Carry" thread. But the thread on the new Ruger Challenger has inspried me and I want to see everyones plinking guns.

Marlin 917 VS .17HMR w/ Swift 3-9 scope and Harris 6"-9" Bipod

Browning Buckmark .22LR Pro Target 5.5" bull bbl. w/ hooded target sights.

See less See more
#267 ·
That Buck Mark looks like a copy of a Colt .22 I had. I was going to ask if that was an aftermarket grip before I zoomed in to see it's a Buck Mark. What do thew magazines look like? I had bought a couple for the Beretta Neos for mine since Colt sold of the design to Beretta. As I look closer the safety is behind the trigger and I don't see the mag release. Looks like a nice hiking/trail gun.

#274 ·
A few of mine that I have pictures of:
My newest is a Smith and Wesson Model 617 10 shot.

My Chiappa Puma

My Browning Buck Mark Target

A .22 upper on my Rock River Arms lower I put together for the grandkids to shoot.

My KelTec PMR30 in .22mag. Love this gun just wish the ammo was not so expensive!!

#288 ·
What ammo are you using? The reason I ask is that on my vntage M17, some ammo required me to push rounds into the chambers with some force, and they were stiff coming out. As a career test engineer I got curious and measured some different brands and types of ammo. Winchester, Blazer and Remington .22 cases were oval in cross-section by serveral thousandths of an inch. Federal (including American Eagle) and CCI held their diameters much tighter and all their stuff chambered and ejected easily.

Since it's a used gun, I think your approach to scrub the chambers with solvent and a bronze brush is spot on. Let us know if that improves things.

#292 ·
Finished another build. This one for a friend. He found the base gun used and wanted a twin to one I built for myself.
Magpul X-22 Take Down stock and reflex optic. Got the rust off of the SS barrel, cleaned the bore and action, new poly bolt stop and reinstalled the optic rail (loose). Mounted and bore sighted the optic. I'll give it back to him tomorrow.
Musical instrument Tire Wheel Flooring Gas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.