Rimfire Pics, Lets See the Plinkers!(Pic Heavy)

This is a discussion on Rimfire Pics, Lets See the Plinkers!(Pic Heavy) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here are all my plinkers. AR-7 Ruger MK III Whitney Wolverine Ruger 10/22 (with a few other "friends")...

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Rimfire Pics, Lets See the Plinkers!(Pic Heavy)

Here are all my plinkers.

AR-7

Ruger MK III

Whitney Wolverine

Ruger 10/22 (with a few other "friends")
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

2. Remove Ads

My 22A.

"The Army and the Navy are run like traditional military services. The Air Force is run like a corporation. But the Marine Corps is a religion." — Navy Admiral

University of Science Music and Culture

SEMPER FI!

Here's my plinker: Ruger 10/22 with an el cheapo bi-pod. 3X9 Tasco on it in this picture. I've got a 16X target scope on it now just for fun!

This is the first gun that I bought myself when I moved out and I plan to teach my son how to shoot with it when he gets old enough and possibly pass it on to him.

I would love to have a .22 pistol to shoot considering the prices of ammunition anymore!!

This thread makes me want to go out to the range and burn up a couple hundred rounds on .22!!!
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Late to this show but I'm a huge fan of the .22 rimfire. Here are some of my favorites for which photos are available.

Left to right: Springfield M1922AII, Winchester Model 1890 (in uncommon .22 Long Rifle chambering), scarce but sad looking Winchester Model 57

The Model 57 was rescued from a stack of broken guns, stock was glued back together (left wrap on grip as I found it) and put to work training my two sons, winning local junior small bore matches for them, taking rabbits, squirrels, and other Texas varmints and critters, and firing a jillion rounds in plinking fun. It shoots tight groups with its excellent factory Lyman receiver sight and fine two-stage trigger.

Colt Woodsman from 1928 (original owner kindly sold it to me)

Youngest son shooting the Woodsman when he was about 8. He's 22 now.

Old scanned photo of my favorite .22 handgun of all, a Smith & Wesson Model 17 with a rabbit dinner.

Just for a hoot. I was young once. I have the pictures to prove it. A really old scanned photo taken 32 years ago of me and my Winchester Model 190, burning through a magazine of ammo at our old family place in Eastland County, Texas. Bought the Model 190 brand new in 1971, complete with a Weaver Marksman scope already installed (scope was baggage) at White's Auto for $37 and change. Bought it with the first paycheck I ever made, $42, working as a sack boy at a grocery store. Upon receiving the check, I immediately cashed it and walked down to the White's Auto at the other end of the block and bought the rifle. Money stayed in my hot little hand for all of 10 minutes.
    I recreated this photo only last summer, standing in the same exact place, a red T-shirt, a similar old pair of track shoes, same type of ear muffs, same S&W Model 10 HB I still carry daily stuffed the same ol' holster, but with the Winchester 1890. The photographer has not downloaded it yet to send to me. I'm sure I look exactly the same, heh.

The Coleman fuel can after the barrage.

Also, here's a great old Remington Model 41 single shot bolt-action rifle from the late 1930's on an inpromptu front rest. It was out for a little sight adjustment the other day.

Another shot of the M1922 Springfield. I had it out a couple of weeks ago on a warm Texas afternoon, attempting to shoot some tight 100 yard groups (notice the aperture sight cranked way up high). It was all for naught. The range I was using faces west! The late afternoon sun glinted far too much on the sights. Groups were wretched.

OD, I longed for an HD Military for many moons. Finally found a pretty decent looking one that was a little more worn than your great example. It hanged in the hand so nice and had a wonderful trigger. Couldn't get it to reliably feed. Tried all kinds of ammo, different magazines, but nothing seemed to work. Finally sold it to a local State Trooper who collected High Standards and was willing to take it on. I'm sure it was just a fluke. Still would like to try another some day. How does your HD shoot?

Sure hope this thread continues for a long spell. Y'all are showing some fine rimfire shootin' equipment!

OD*
    Those are some beautiful .22s, Brian.

The HD shoots very well indeed, extremely accurate, this one feeds most anything. I would love to find some more magazines for it though, they seem to be as scarce as hen's teeth though.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Here is my most favorite 22 that I own. It is a Baby Auto Mag pistol in 22LR. I actually have two but one is unfired and will stay that way as is one of my 44 Auto Mag pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by FFEric06 View Post
    who made ur second 10/22 kit?
    That is a Rhineland Arms .22 IIRC they are out of TX, I gave the rifle to Swiftyjuan so he could have a matching pair but I think he ended up giving it to his son. The only Ruger parts that work on the rifle are the bolt and magazine and to be honest I don't remember how much it cost, maybe Swifty remembers, but they were not that expensive. I just found this link if you are interested :
    http://www.decadefirearms.com/r22.htm
    Happy New Year
    Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. ~ Robin Williams ~
    www.desbiensgunleather.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rhome View Post
    That is a Rhineland Arms .22 IIRC they are out of TX, I gave the rifle to Swiftyjuan so he could have a matching pair but I think he ended up giving it to his son. The only Ruger parts that work on the rifle are the bolt and magazine and to be honest I don't remember how much it cost, maybe Swifty remembers, but they were not that expensive. I just found this link if you are interested :
    http://www.decadefirearms.com/r22.htm
    Happy New Year
    I think decade firearms only does Europe, CIS and Africa.
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Just picked up a new one today in this category. Not seen it mentioned yet either. A Remington 552 BDL "Deluxe Speedmaster". Beautiful little firearm too. Been around since the 50's. And a bit unique in that for an Semi Auto it shoots Shorts, Longs and Long Rifles and feeds through a magazine tube like a pump or lever action does.

File Photos from Remington....

Quote Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
    Just picked up a new one today in this category. Not seen it mentioned yet either. A Remington 552 BDL "Deluxe Speedmaster". Beautiful little firearm too. Been around since the 50's. And a bit unique in that for an Semi Auto it shoots Shorts, Longs and Long Rifles and feeds through a magazine tube like a pump or lever action does.

File Photos from Remington....

Wow, that's pretty cool. I haven't seen one like that and I've never heard of one that shoots all three types of .22. Congrats!
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Its odd too because its been made for 50 years. However the plain jane model is no longer made. Only the "Deluxe" model is still in the Remington line up. I think thats probably why no one talks much about them anymore. They are not new and they are not "tactical". Not too many people looking for plinkers want to spend the extra on Hand Cut Checkered Walnut furniture I would guess. They run from around $429 to $469 street price. Plus there is not that much upgrade stuff for them as there is not much to do to them.

However they do have some real nice feeling stocks and super nice finish on them. And the nicest stock target sights I have seen on a .22 stock gun. Not that big a deal that it takes longs because no one makes them hardly anymore. But the fact it takes full size shorts is a plus. And they lend themselves to Scoping a bit better than most anything else since they are Semi Auto and not bolt or lever action either. They also make a similar gun in a Pump action. The 572.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    This is the one I'm trying to get my hands on now:
    http://www.taurususa.com/products/pr...category=Rifle

Anyone know a shop that has one left? I have an order in for one at impactguns.com but I'm not sure if they can get it.
    Attached Images

I just picked this one up a couple days ago.

Ruger Standard .22 (1958 Pre Mark I)

After disassembling this and my Mark III a few times, there really isn't as much to them as I'd previously thought.
    Last edited by pete156; December 31st, 2007 at 02:49 PM.
    bmcgilvray likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    I like the Ruger semi-auto .22 pistols. My daughter wants to start shooting with me so I'm eyeballing a Ruger 22/45 Mark III 4.5" SS Hunter to take to the range with us. I'm also considering a Buck Mark SS Camper URX but I think I like the Ruger better because of the 1911 similarity and upgrade/mod options. I always loved my .22s over the years. Good cheap fun.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Links