Rimfire Pics, Lets See the Plinkers!(Pic Heavy) - Page 6

Rimfire Pics, Lets See the Plinkers!(Pic Heavy)

This is a discussion on Rimfire Pics, Lets See the Plinkers!(Pic Heavy) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here is a few of my trusty plinkers. The first is a Ruger 10/22, it has a corelite composite stock, Butler Creek Carbon Fiber Bull ...

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Rimfire Pics, Lets See the Plinkers!(Pic Heavy)

Here is a few of my trusty plinkers.

The first is a Ruger 10/22, it has a corelite composite stock, Butler Creek Carbon Fiber Bull Barrel, and a 3-9X40 scope on it. it will riddle a 20 oz styrafoam cup at 100 yds

the second is a Browning BL-22 what sets this lever action apart from the rest is that the trigger goes with the lever when you cycle the action. so no more pinched fingers

the last two are when i want to have some fun or a challenge. the pistol on the left is a Heritage Arms Ruff Ryder, it is a SAO with interchangable cylinders it will shoot 22lr or 22 mag. the pistol on the right is a H&R sportsman it is a 9 shot DA/SA break open revolver. the challenge is that both of these pistols don't have rear sights.
    Attached Images

EAJ
    CZ 453 .22LR Cal. Varmint Rifle

Smith & Wesson Model 17 K-22 with 8 3/8-inch barrel. My favorite .22 handgun since 1980.

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Smith & Wesson Model 17 K-22 with 8 3/8-inch barrel. My favorite .22 handgun since 1980.
    It's beautiful!

Thanks JD, and back at ya'. Anything that John Browning designed stirs my interest and that tiger strip walnut is enough to make me swoon. Nice Browning .22 auto for sure.

Also really like the Remington Model 511 that Ram Rod is showing in his photo. Love all those old .22 rifles in the Remington "500" series; the 510, 511, 512, and 513.

Sponsor
    bmcgilvray,

Nice K22, I've got three of em from the early 50's in 6" configuration. One is used for aerial work.

JD,

Another fine rifle, mines not Belgian but I also use that one for aerials as well.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Hi Brownie;

My K-22 is only circa 1978 according to the book. I bought it and a matching Model 14 K-38 new in early 1980. I'd love to supplement it with a nice 50s 6-inch K-22.

We have land enough for aerial target practice. I ain't so hot at it though and only ever got to about 50% hits with self-thrown targets after some practice. I shoot rifles more than I do handguns but never much attempted aerial targets with a rifle.

Sponsor
    My K-22 is only circa 1978 according to the book. I bought it and a matching Model 14 K-38 new in early 1980. I'd love to supplement it with a nice 50s 6-inch K-22.

The K22 would be a -4? That's a nice piece to own with the changes S+W made in that one. I believe the -4's started in 78.

I've got a K-38 as well in 6" from 1963, a model 14-2. I'd like to have an 8 3/8" in both the K22 and K38 myself. You've got some nice pieces there sir.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

You're good. It is a 17-4. Even after acquiring the Supica/Nuhaas book and despite the time spent on the S&W forum I can't keep all the model revision numbers straight.

The 8 3/8-inch Model 14 is like a little rifle and is very accurate but probably has only fired about one round for every 50 fired through the Model 17.

True confession: I don't know why the Model 17 turned out looking as good as it did in the photo. It has a fair about of wear, both to blue finish and the stocks and doesn't look nearly so good in real life. The ejector rod is worn absolutely bright.

Most of my new Smith & Wesson acquisitions were made during the bad ol' Bangor Punta years but they've always served well.

As far as handguns, I just have a SAA .22lr with .22 mag conversion cylinder. Rifles I have a Marlin M25, Armscor 1600, and 2 M261 conversion units for my ARs.

I have a few .22plinkers, but the one I have the most fun with is also the cheapest. A Phoenix Arms HP22A. This little guy is way more accurate than I ever thought could be had in a $115 pistol.

I had a S&W Model 18 that was more accurate, but not necessarily more fun.

As far as rifles, I have a 29yr old Marlin 60 that just keeps shining, and a highly customized Ruger 10/22 that wishes it was as accurate as the Marlin.
    FREEDOM MATTERS!

VIP Member
    My Favourite one. S&W Model 41.
    Attached Images
    bmcgilvray likes this.

i have a browning SA 22 rifle that was made in belgium that my grandfather bought new in the 30s or 40s that he gave me for my 14th birthday. Its still in near perfect condition have only shot couple hundred rounds though it.

looks exactly like this one... Semi-Auto 22, Grade I, , Browning Firearms Product
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar

Show us your .22's

I have always enjoyed the .22 caliber. My first shot from a real gun was a .22 and the mystique has never abated. Fun to shoot, accurate and affordable to feed even when using the best ammo. What's not to like? I recently picked up that NIB 10-22 (1999 mfg. date) for $125 and I want to leave it stock and build a fancy one out of 100% after market parts like Ram Rod has. Here are mine. Ok, now let's see yours.

1. Bone-stock Ruger 10-22
    2. Spikes Tactical ST-22 (With Lothar-Walther match barrel)
    3. Beretta U22 Neos w/ Ultra-Dot
    4. Savage Mark II BVTS w/ Meuller APV

Ok, I'll go next.
    1. My latest. The Ruger 10/22 Charger. Scope came with it.

2. On the left, my dad's Winchester Model 190, which he gave to me early this year.

The views expressed above are the opinion of the poster and may or may not be total bunk.
    Viewer discretion is advised.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Links