'Deer hunting' is not mentioned in the 2nd Amendment.
1. You don't need an AR-15/AK-47 to deer hunt.
Clint Smith has this one covered. "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"
2. You're paranoid.
Alternatively; "I'm not paranoid, you're just not paying attention."
Damn right. That's what makes them such effective self defense weapons.
3. Guns are designed to kill.
Pulling a gun worked out pretty well for Jeane Assam.
4. You only make the problem worse by pulling your gun.
Then why does the military need them? We are their backup in the unlikely event of an invasion after all.
5. Citizens don't need military style weapons.
We need handguns because they're much more portable than police officers.
6. Citizens don't need handguns.