Dropped my HK this morning.

This is a discussion on Dropped my HK this morning. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by ppkheat I easily had time to actually think about being the victim of a ACD (accidental cat discharge). I think that is ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dropped my HK this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    I easily had time to actually think about being the victim of a ACD (accidental cat discharge).
    I think that is NCD. The cat obviously wasn't observing the four rules...

-john

2. Remove Ads

I have taken my HK USP .45, and throw it around against trees, slam it to the ground, throw it in the air, threw it in a mudpuddle to which it was run over with my van and it never got hurt, and it still fired every time. I do not think a drop of that nature should be of any concern to a HK weapon. Now if it had been a Taurus.........
    Think twice
    Buy once!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    I have taken my HK USP .45, and throw it around against trees, slam it to the ground, throw it in the air, threw it in a mudpuddle to which it was run over with my van and it never got hurt, and it still fired every time. I do not think a drop of that nature should be of any concern to a HK weapon. Now if it had been a Taurus.........
    I don't cry at movies but the above quote gave me tears. Maybe you could do that to a Yugoslavian knock off but an H&K??!!

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by aznav View Post
    I don't cry at movies but the above quote gave me tears. Maybe you could do that to a Yugoslavian knock off but an H&K??!!
    No kidding! Why abuse your pistol just because. Sure they are tough, I take mine out in all kinds of bad weather, camping, hiking ect. but tossing it against trees?
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Please note that this sort of thing does not go on all the time. I had done this so as to see how dependable it would be as I am a plumber and I at many times have to crawl around under dusty dirty buildings, and sometimes the sewer lines I have to cut out may contain several days worth of unmentionable substances that always seem to find its way on me no matter what precautions are taken. If you do not think a plumber should need to carry a firearm under a building you should come to work for me for a bit, you would be amazed at what you find there! There have been times when I need to be out on the edge of a 2 story roof line trying to tie in vents, so if one is dropped from 2 stories and bounces off concrete it would be harder than a tree. If it falls out during backfilling a foundation, believe me, it will get major dirt in it. So with all this in mind and I am driving home and the call is made to use it, it better go bang or I don't want it. Sorry, but videos can be doctored to what ever they want you to know. real life testing is what I want. 800.00 to me is a drop in the bucket compared to my life.
    Think twice
    Buy once!

And if it would have broken, what then ? And what did you do with the "test gun" after the test ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links