A big disappointment!

A big disappointment!

This is a discussion on A big disappointment! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just purchased a Daisy BB gun (rifle) as a future gift fo my son and I was SHOCKED and disapointed at how cheaply made ...

Thread: A big disappointment!

A big disappointment!

I just purchased a Daisy BB gun (rifle) as a future gift fo my son and I was SHOCKED and disapointed at how cheaply made this thing is!
    The entire trigger/lever assembly is plastic!
    The lever even BENDS!!
    It's NOT the sturdy, metal parts Daisy rifle I remember as a young boy circa 1968!!!
    Too bad.
    Criminals are not dissuaded by soft words, soft judges or easy laws. They are dissuaded by fear and they are prevented from repeating their crimes by death or by incarceration.

VIP Member
    That IS disappointing. I got one in about 1961, all metal though I think the stock was plastic but wood-looking. That BB gun never needed anything at all.......other that BB's, and I went thru plenty of those, and never put anyone's eye out. That little gun was well-built.

Maybe Daisy has a website and you could find a different model?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Made in China no doubt?

I got mine about 20 years ago and the trigger, stock, lever and many other parts where plastic. The Red Ryder ones had wood stocks.

It may be a little cheap but it never broke and it came with me everywhere.
    Being peaceful does not guarantee peace, strength and a willingness to commit violence when needed does.

Well, for 24 bucks, what could I expect?
    Criminals are not dissuaded by soft words, soft judges or easy laws. They are dissuaded by fear and they are prevented from repeating their crimes by death or by incarceration.

Administrator
    Isnt there two different grades? One is a classic, and more expensive, and the other is a cheaper model. I could be wrong, but thats what is coming outta my brain.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Even the $50-100 are cheap these days. Definitely disposable.

I had a Daisy in the early '80s, the one you could pump up two times. It was a quality air gun. Also had a Crossman pump pistol, single shot with no BB reservoir, that was a blast. I sent tens of thousands of BBs down range with these two air guns. Grasshoppers shuddered at the mention of my name!

A couple of years ago, I picked up a Benjamin air rifle. It was better quality, but it too failed. Apparently, I didn't oil it enough and the pump lever broke. It was harder to pump and really not intneded for younger kids.

The China spring rifles? Yeah, they're good for about 100 shots.

I've had my eye on the RWS rifles, but I haven't purchased one yet. Kinda' pricey!

things are not made the way it use to be,now its all about quanity not quallity

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    I just purchased a Daisy BB gun (rifle) as a future gift fo my son and I was SHOCKED and disapointed at how cheaply made this thing is!
    The entire trigger/lever assembly is plastic!
    The lever even BENDS!!
    It's NOT the sturdy, metal parts Daisy rifle I remember as a young boy circa 1968!!!
    Too bad.
    That is sad. I remember (way back in the dark ages ) when my Daisy Red Rider came with metal parts and a WOODEN stock!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member
    Just don't lick on it.......

Even the 'premiums'...

Daisy and Crossman have 'premium lines', too. They stink. Don't bother.

I don't think you can find quality without your wallet taking a dump. Look for old stuff in Pawn and plan of resealing the chamber with the help of the manufacturer.

Last spring, I got a local guy to recon an OLD, decayed Red Ryer for my nefew. I'm glad I went that direction.
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    That is sad. I remember (way back in the dark ages ) when my Daisy Red Rider came with metal parts and a WOODEN stock!
    +1 - I grew up shooting the Red Rider that my father owned in the '50's back in the 80's. Although the springs and such were weakened and you could literally see the BB as it shot out, it was STILL accurate as all-get-out!

I ended up accidently leaving it under some 'sweating' pipes in the basement (12 year old mistake!), thus making the barrel rust.
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

Sponsored Links