Extended slide release...

This is a discussion on Extended slide release... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; You all might think this is a crazy question but here goes. I have had a G21 for about 8 years now and use it ...

You all might think this is a crazy question but here goes. I have had a G21 for about 8 years now and use it as a night stand gun. I also have had a G26 for about 5 years. The slide release on Glocks seems small to me. I know you can purchase larger ones but is this something that you can change yourself or does a gunsmith need to do it? Thanks!
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    While you can change it yourself , its not a " fitted " part ( nothing on a glock really is lol ) . My opinion is that an extended slide stop is a true transfer device , it transfers $$ from you to the maker and does nothing else well . I have yet to see a pistol that i cannot roll in my hand to release the slide one handed , and if i have two my " off hand" thumb releases it as i reaquire the grip.
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

LOL--Not bad Redneck. I agree with you completely.

Using a GLOCK in USPSA and IDPA I can tell you that those devices cause more malfunctions than anything except at-home trigger jobs. The extended lever tends to get in the way of your thumbs during recoil, causing the slide to slow down and inducing a misfeed.

For CCW--I don't know--it might be okay. I think they are $5.00 and don't take 10 seconds to replace (pull two pins, pull the old one out, put the top pin back in, put in the new lever, put in the second pin). I wouldn't do it--in fact I replaced the extended lever on my G35 Limited gun with a stock one! Of course, I have 21 round mags and seldom have a use for it anyway...<g>

HK Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Thanks for the feedback! Just something I thought about.
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

I have then on my 34/35. I have never used them as I do the over grip slingshot reload.

I had one on my G21, and I just put one in my G27 last week. I have the Glock take-down tool and it's very simple to do yourself. I've accumulated alot of Glock authorized parts for the pistols, and magazines, and have the Glock armorer's CD. I'm currently out of extended slide release levers however.

+1 on slide release. Plus wouldn't an extended release make it more likely to be bumped during firing, causing a premature slide lock?

Links