Gun Vault Location

This is a discussion on Gun Vault Location within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So Santa dropped a nice two pistol gun vault down the chimney yesterday and now I'm trying to figure out where to mount this bad ...

Thread: Gun Vault Location

Question Gun Vault Location

So Santa dropped a nice two pistol gun vault down the chimney yesterday and now I'm trying to figure out where to mount this bad boy. It's about the height of my bed clearance so under the bed is not going to work, unless I want to slide it out everytime I need to access it. It's an option but I'd perfer to affix it to something that's not likely to move. Any suggestions???
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

2. Remove Ads

Also keep in mind if your home is broken into having a safe box under your bed is fubar as they'll just pickup and walk away with the entire safe box to work on it at their leisure at a remote location toward cracking.

- Janq uses more easily hidden durable locking safe deposit bags
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Also keep in mind if your home is broken into having a safe box under your bed is fubar as they'll just pickup and walk away with the entire safe box to work on it at their leisure at a remote location toward cracking.
    In a nutshell that's my only reason for anchoring it. It's purpose (for now) is as a gunsafe, not a valuables safe.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

do you have a closet it will fit in? in both my houses i have the long shallow bedroom closets and my safes are in the corner of them. fit perfectly and are our of sight.

I've got a built in desk in our bedroom and my 2 gun safe for the house gun is mounted to it with lag bolts. It won't look pretty if I ever take it off but it will be a hassle to pry loose and the desk can't be carried out the front door. If you have something large like a dresser you could mount it to that.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Mount

My neighbor has a two pistol gun box mounted so it hangs under his nightstand. A little "tablecloth" that hangs around the edge of the nightstand conceals it and all he has to do to access is lift the cloth out of the way and press the buttons. Because the bottom of the legs of the nightstand are exposed, it looks like a plain table and it's not obvious anything is underneath it.

I lagged mine into a wall stud with LONG cap screws. They'd have to rip the darn thing out. They may still do it, but it will slow them down and they might not have tools to do it.

I bolted mine inside my gun safe..pix on request.

Mine is lagged onto my nightstand and my nightstand is lagged onto the wall as well.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

I'll bite Dr Lewall - lets see some pics!

I'm imagining the bolts go into the safe and the gunvault is on the outside....otherwise what's the point, right? One of these will probably be on my list next year.

Austin

Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    I bolted mine inside my gun safe..pix on request.

Why?
    Wouldn't the safe itself work?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'm picturing a safe - it takes a while to open, so not as good as a GunVault. Then I'm picturing holes drilled in the safe allowing the GunVault to be bolted to the outside of the safe...since the bolts are inside the safe, it can't be removed without opening the safe.

Austin

Well, I am waiting for the pix....
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Links