First time shooting indoors, and my Beretta 92FS!

This is a discussion on First time shooting indoors, and my Beretta 92FS! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A buddy of mine managed to find an indoor range we could go to, so we decided to check it out, rather than trying to ...

Thread: First time shooting indoors, and my Beretta 92FS!

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar

First time shooting indoors, and my Beretta 92FS!

A buddy of mine managed to find an indoor range we could go to, so we decided to check it out, rather than trying to shoot out in the cold. It's about 30 miles north of where I live, which isn't too bad. We get there, and come to find out they have annual membership for 30 dollars. That's a heck of alot better than the 100 bucks my Dad spends to be a member of an outdoor range. So we both sign up, and rather than paying 15 dollars to shoot, we only pay 7. I really do like indoor shooting ranges better, because you don't have to wait for a seize fire to be called to go change targets, plus it's nice and warm!

Anyway, I finally got to shoot my new Beretta 92FS. It's one sweet shooting gun, and very comfortable, even more so than my G19. I was getting pretty consistent groups at 10 yards (1-2"). Looks like I'll be keeping this one in my arsenal!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

2. Remove Ads

I go to an indoor range and enjoy it for the same reasons you mention! As far as your Beretta 92FS goes, well, class is class!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

VIP Member
    Indoor ranges have their benefits, no doubt. I very rarely use them, however, because of their absolutely "static" nature. Admittedly, it helps that I am usually the one running the range, so I choose the drills!

And the 92 is a fine - if much maligned - pistol. It might not be the greatest combat pistol in history, but it certainly is accurate and soft shooting.

(BTW, it's cease fire...)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Senior Moderator
    Congrats on finding a range and a fine gun. I really like the 92FS.

BTW, and FWIW, it's one of the few guns that the manufacturer approves of loading a round directly into the chamber and dropping the slide. That's a good way to chamber a SD round because it completely eliminates any possibility of setback.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

To be honest I've only been to an indoor range once. I live out in the country so just shooting in the backyard is just too tempting as the price is right for this guy. The warm temp. in there sure would be nice this time of year though. Glad you found a place that works for ya.

I love my 92FS as well. That slide is like it's on glass! Never had ANY problems with it at all. Beretta puts out quality products... period.
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

I am a strong believer that one must shoot a Beretta on the range to truely appreciate just how great a handgun it really is. Natural pointer and great shooter and very accurate. Your Beretta will serve you well for many years.
    Welcome to Tennessee, the patron state of shootin' stuff.--SHOOTER

Administrator
    I've always been a Beretta fan. I like the 92 series of pistols, but dont care much for any of their other handguns. I love their shotguns too.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Glad you like the Beretta. That is what I have to carry on duty. Nothing wrong with them. I'm just not thrilled with 9MM FMJ (hardball). I'd rather carry a 38 Special with 125 SJHP 38 Special +P instead of hardball. The good thing about Beretta is they are easy to work on.

I shot indoors all the time its alot diff than outdoors and I find double plugging helps.

I like shootin' indoors - not only for the 'indoor' comfort, but the ability to push a button to move my target without having the entire line cease fire before I walk up to an outdoor target - lazy I know!

I loved my Beretta 92FS, but traded it in for a subcompact XD that fit my hand better. It was always a reliable and accurate tool for me. I'm looking forward to the Storm Subcompact!
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

VIP Member
    Here's "my" M9. Put another 300 or so rounds through it last week (familiarizing a colleague who is going to Baghdad with the system), no problems whatsoever.
    Attached Images
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Shooting indoors has its place. it is good for basic marksmanship practice and accuracy testing at different distances in a controlled environment.

Administrator
    Beretta. They sure have been making fine firearms for a mighty long time.
    And they sure do have all the bugs worked out of feed reliability by now...that's for certain.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Links