new kimber raptor pro 2

This is a discussion on new kimber raptor pro 2 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ok guys picking up my new kimber tomarrow ,i know break in is around five hundred rounds , but what nighmares can i expect till ...

Thread: new kimber raptor pro 2

new kimber raptor pro 2

ok guys picking up my new kimber tomarrow ,i know break in is around five hundred rounds , but what nighmares can i expect till its broke in ,and whats the best way to break it in, rapid fire, slow fire , or should i shoot a few at a time to keep barrel cool , or just go out blazing lead till 500 rounds are done,
    any info would be great
    thanks

2. Remove Ads

You might not have a single break in issue at all. Choose the right mag's. Field strip and clean the gun real good, lube liberally (ilike militec1), if the oil it spraying your glasses some you did it right. After break in oil less.

As far as firing fast, slow, etc. I have no idea if that affects anything or not. I say load up and let it fly and see what she can do. If you use the stock mag's possibly expect some problems, maybe not but the MO for kimber mag's (at least for me) are not good.

Enjoy!

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

My Ed Brown stated specifically to fire 500 rounds without cleaning for initial break-in. Man, that scared me with a $2K gun, but it worked perfectly. It was filthy! Never one bobble in four years after.

We're in the process of breaking in my wife's new Pro Aegis 2. The only problem we're encountering is the slide locking back with rounds still in the mag. Another thread in Kimbers shows this is a common issue, and should clear itself up through the break in period.

I didn't have but 3 failures to extract in the first 180 rounds. Then its ran perfect for the next 1250 rounds through it. She purrs GREAT. Love that firearm, its my favorite carry piece and favorite sidearm that I own.

Distinguished Member
    I have a compact ll external extractor and have never had a problem. I did what the manual said I use quality 230 gr. FMJ Ball ammunition . You will here about Kimber problems here ( and I believe them ) and you are going to here how great they are from others . But this is your pistol so you don't how good or bad it is going to be . Just put 500 rounds in it before the warranty runs out and use the recommened ammunition . I wouldn't run 500 through it in one day , you are looking at over $100 in ammo .

Both of my Kimbers worked perfectly from day one...never a problem with either...I love my Ultra and Pro...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links