Beautiful Jeff Cooper custom from Ed Brown (pics inside!)

This is a discussion on Beautiful Jeff Cooper custom from Ed Brown (pics inside!) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Have you guys seen this? I just got the new catalog yesterday... purdy! http://www.edbrown.com/cgi-bin/htmlo...92011721158765 Me want!...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beautiful Jeff Cooper custom from Ed Brown (pics inside!)

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar

Beautiful Jeff Cooper custom from Ed Brown (pics inside!)

Have you guys seen this? I just got the new catalog yesterday... purdy!

http://www.edbrown.com/cgi-bin/htmlo...92011721158765

Me want!

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Ed Brown is determined to get a sizable chunk of my gun fund. I wish he would stop tempting me to purchase yet another $$ gun I dont need.
    "Just blame Sixto"

1943 - 2009

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

It is a very nice gun. Me want one bad.

Hey, what's up? Are you buying it, or just looking?

Nice...very nice! Drool, drool...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    purchase yet another $$ gun I dont need.
    Is that called an oxymoron? Or very married?
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Really nice. I guess tho I can't see spending that type of coin on a safe queen as I doubt one should shoot it unless very, very little. I don't think I would and if you do shot it doesn't or wouldn't the value (momento, collector value) go way down?

My question to this is, would you use it, shoot it, carry it or is this just a nice momento and discussion glass case piece for when friends are over? I am sure the answers will be mixed but personally, I'd rather have the special forces model as I would use and abuse that one and think Jeff Cooper would approve of that.

Also, do you think Jeff Cooper would consider this pistol useable and/or do you think he would like the fact that the pistol is a commemorative for him and would he be ok with it or did he/does he approve of items like this?
    Last edited by LVLabs; January 4th, 2008 at 08:09 PM.

I think that he setting up there with Saint Peter and laughing so hard that tears are rolling down his cheeks.

I saw one in a local crack hou...I mean gun store today. What's the DVC stand for?
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

OD*
    What's the DVC stand for?
    "Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
    "Accuracy - Power - Speed"
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

I believe Mr Cooper would want you to shoot this gun!!
    I am not a 45 ACP fan but that is a nice looking gun!!
    NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Quote Originally Posted by LVLabs View Post
    Really nice. I guess tho I can't see spending that type of coin on a safe queen as I doubt one should shoot it unless very, very little. I don't think I would and if you do shot it doesn't or wouldn't the value (momento, collector value) go way down?

My question to this is, would you use it, shoot it, carry it or is this just a nice momento and discussion glass case piece for when friends are over? I am sure the answers will be mixed but personally, I'd rather have the special forces model as I would use and abuse that one and think Jeff Cooper would approve of that.

Also, do you think Jeff Cooper would consider this pistol useable and/or do you think he would like the fact that the pistol is a commemorative for him and would he be ok with it or did he/does he approve of items like this?
    It is not far out of his normal price point. $100 more than than the Special Forces model. If you take into account the $150 limited Edition book it is actually $50 less than the Special Forces model. I sure do not see why it would not be an excellent performing weapon. I would give it the respect that kind of craftsmanship deserves and shoot it often. IMO buying a gun you won't shoot is about as stupid as buying a motorcycle you can't ride cross country. Can't ride it or shoot it why have it? That said seems to me that Ed Brown's real beauty is in the performance and reliability of his guns.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Can't ride it or shoot it why have it?
    I can see both sides to this and agree with both to some degree.
    I see nothing wrong with owning something purely for its aesthetic beauty and having no intention of using it for its intended purpose.
    My Harley is well ridden, my guitars well played and my guns well shot, but one can make the case that, strictly as a work of art, some things retain their beauty whether used or not.
    I found a WWII Luger in a relatives house years back.
    I'll never shoot it.
    But I love to look at it and enjoy the faces on those I show it to that have never seen or handled one.
    Then again, I hate the thought of all of those vintage Strats, Les Pauls and Harleys the Japanese gobbled up strictly for speculation.
    That being said, use the darn thing and enjoy it!
    Criminals are not dissuaded by soft words, soft judges or easy laws. They are dissuaded by fear and they are prevented from repeating their crimes by death or by incarceration.

Personally, I wouldn't shoot this gun so then I wouldn't buy it either. I agree the gun seems to be a good deal in comparison but this one has the potential to gain in value if kept original and unfired with everything that came with it in perfect condition like the kids I grew up with would buy two comic book's, read one and put on in plastic and stored it with the rest of them, today I can't believe how much those same comic books can go for and I thought they were stupid for saving them like that. Same with baseball cards or anything like that.

So I see this is as just a conversation piece even though a couple grand isn't a lot and even though it's the great Jeff Cooper, I don't care for or like autographs from anyone, I don't get it, I never have nor do I care for it on the slide at all. That in and of itself would make me feel strange about shooting this gun.

I'd love to have it but I agree, at least for me this is a glass case piece that would sit next to the humidor full of cigars and custom crystal scotch decanter in my office with the mohogany desk and leather chair and swords on the wall.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Administrator
    Yep, Ed Brown. They do put together a beautiful firearm.
    Extreme high quality.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links