Defensive Carry banner

Blackhawk Serpa

857 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  QKShooter 
#1 ·
I used to use an Uncle Mikes IWB holster. Piece of ...
Always seemed to want to slide out. Just got this Blackhawk Serpa and I tell you what, this thing is great. I love the way it holds. While not a conceal type holster I looked at the pancake ones. The rough leather and snug fit made me think my gun's gonna get a few "Holster Burns" on it. I like this one, but is there one for the full sized HK USP .45 that is not so rough and is a conceal type?

#2 ·
Not sure what you have?? . The Serpa holsters are all polymer and feature the lock retention. What exactly are you asking ??? For a leather holster or a polymer injected mold holster?

#3 ·
Something in a conceal holster, either leather or polymer. Its just the ones I looked at had such rough interiors it looks like it would wear the finish off the pistol. Also the leather is so tight that the slide wants to retract slightly.

#5 ·
All holsters will wear some finish off with use. Your HK has a tough finish that should hold up well over the years. I have had my USP since 93' and see only some shiny spots along the edges .
Maybe pick some holsters you are interested in and post back asking opinions.

#6 ·
The high spots will eventually burnish on nearly all guns no matter if the holster is made from leather or Kydex.
About the only exception being hard Chrome.
If you're not wearing the finish off on your Carry firearm then yer not practicing drawing enough. :biggrin2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.