Do you pay yearly dues to a range? - Page 2

Do you pay yearly dues to a range?

This is a discussion on Do you pay yearly dues to a range? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Yes. My dues are $55.00 per year and you must be an NRA member to join. The range is exactly 5 miles from my house. ...

View Poll Results: How much do you pay yearly for your range?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • $60 or less

59 35.98%
  • $60 to $120

53 32.32%
  • Over $120

52 31.71%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you pay yearly dues to a range?

Yes. My dues are $55.00 per year and you must be an NRA member to join. The range is exactly 5 miles from my house. It isn't fancy but certainly serves the purpose.

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    $60 per year, + 2 work days and 2 meetings per year. 8 outdoor pistol ranges, trap/shotgun area, 200 yard rifle range, and archery. During winter there are some indoor range shooting nights available. Best part is its on my way to and from work and only 6 miles away from home.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    $10 per year for family membership. Crude, but effective open range on 40+ acres into a hillside. Range is 45 minutes from my home. 400 yard rifle range w/ 5 bench rests, pistol & trap. Holsters and CCW/Duty draw allowed. Self-policing and no Brady-bunch poster children allowed!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Well if you count taxes as dues then i pay a hell of a lot ( close to 15k between me and my stepdad ) . But then my range runs to thousands of acres too lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

VIP Member
    I just renewed my "dues" for the local gun club/range($50.00 per year)....in the news letter they send out it said we were up to 600 members...heck I don't know were they all went!It's pretty quiet up there....it is a nice facility to have just 5 minuets from my house....http://siuslawgunclub.com/
    Last edited by simon; January 6th, 2008 at 07:28 AM. Reason: sp

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    My local gun club is only 6 miles from my house and has about 8 pistol berms, 2 rifle ranges, several shotgun areas. Concealed carry is explicitly allowed for permit holders, plus a member has solitary use of a pistol berm and can practice anything he wants---the only restriction is (of course) all bullets must go into the end of the berm. A great club!

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    I was going to join the only indoor range in the area. It's about 30-40 miles (not minutes) from my house. It's only $40 a year. The only problem is, they only open the indoor range two nights a week after 5pm.

So instead I go next door to my parents house. They have a lot of land and a large dirt pile back by the treeline that was made for us to shoot into. The only problem is in the winter, I can't shoot as much because it's so friggin cold most days.

For much of the past 15yrs, I have shot mostly pistols, so a low-cost indoor range made the most sense. Combined with the occasional excursion to BLM public lands, that worked out well. What rifle and shotgun I did shoot was done as a guest with friends, either to the public lands or to their ranges.

In the past couple/three years, I've added a few rifles and a shotgun to the stable. So, this past year, I joined a larger range. It has a 200/300/600 yd range, a 100/200 yd range, a 50/100yd range, a pistol range, an "action" (IPSC, CASS) range with more than a dozen pits, a black powder range, an indoor .22 range, and outdoor .22 range, a trap shotgun range, and a skeet shotgun range. With the clubhouse (kitchen and fireplace), it's a pleasant place to go when a foul-weather jaunt to the public lands takes a back seat. The initiation fee was enough to choke a rhino, but annually, $10/mo seems like a bargain if frequently shooting, zeroing in different equipment, working up loads, participating in group competitions/meets.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    The only problem is in the winter, I can't shoot as much because it's so friggin cold most days.
    I know what you mean , I have been semi seriously considering picking up some salvage culverts removed from state highways ( i am looking at about the 6 footers ) and burying a 100 yard range . It wouldnt be fancy , or even nice , but would be calm and either cooler or warmer than outside depending on season . I really suspect that cost will scare me off when it comes down to it , but damm its tempting lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I am very lucky the range I belong to I pay $45 a year.It's 4 miles from my house It has three outside ranges,indoor range. You can carry concealed at
    range.

Yes, for an indoor private club. Nine lanes with automatic target systems, great range control and great folks. I get the family pack since my wife shoots too.

22 Rimfire allowed on one lane, as well as shotguns. Otherwise, it's pistol only.

They also have an FFL, stocks of ammo, guns and equipment.

VIP Member
    $150 a year, no lane fees and 15% off on ammo. Would prefer to shoot outdoors, but here in central VA very difficult to find someplace to do it.

Assistant Administrator
    My IDPA club - which unfortunately is furthest away is $50 per year ..... very well appointed in 164 acres and so worth the trip periodically.

Locally am fortunate ------- one hunting oriented club 8 miles away with rather primitive but very adequate range, a mere $10 a year - useful for dynamic handgun practice.

The another where I have life membership - about 5 miles away. Small 3 lane 100 yard range (outdoors but covered firing point) ........ excellent, and even better when I can, as often, be there with no one else around. Also ideal for dynamic shooting.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

$140 for a family membership.

About 15 pistol stations from 7-25 yards.
    15 rifle benches from 25-200 yards.
    3 skeet, 8 Trap houses, and sporting clays.

I think that meeting all the like minded people all in one spot is almost worth the cost.

Dauff

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Mine is 250 a year
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links