Do you pay yearly dues to a range?

This is a discussion on Do you pay yearly dues to a range? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; $55 a year. Two trap fields, two skeet fields. 25 yard pistol range with very nice covered 25 yard line--benches and tables for stuff all ...

View Poll Results: How much do you pay yearly for your range?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • $60 or less

59 35.98%
  • $60 to $120

53 32.32%
  • Over $120

52 31.71%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Do you pay yearly dues to a range?

$55 a year. Two trap fields, two skeet fields. 25 yard pistol range with very nice covered 25 yard line--benches and tables for stuff all made from treated 2x6's. Can shoot in the rain. :) 500 yard rifle range with berms at 50 100 200 300 400 and 500 yards. all covered shooting line with molded concrete shooting benches and billboard like things to block out the sun in the the evening (it faces west). Outdoor archery range. indoor achery range and pellet gun ranges for competitions.

Skeet, trap leagues. cowboy action, idpa? I think, hi-power. Awesome range for a county whose biggest city is 12,000 people.

Effingham County Sportsman's Club. Where I-57 and I-70 cross in downstate IL.
    If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
    --Thomas Paine December 19, 1776

The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.
    --Abraham Lincoln

http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/13226.htm

2. Remove Ads

$185 a year for a range in Bristol PA. Allows me unlimited shooting (no hourly charge) and I can bring one person with me. I provide Ammo and targets.

It's a 25 yard indoor range, just about anything you can carry in can be fired there.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Damm at the prices if it were shooting only i would be selling land and buying range memberships lol . My " range fees " come as a price of doing business , but the fact is i have the range and have fired morters on it . i can effect enough range to be safe with most anti tank rounds , but get few due to the taxes . For the record tho i could handily own any full auto i wanted i dont , both due to the taxes and the fact that owning a full auto is expensive .. both in tax .. and later the fact you will put your purchace price thro the gun in the first 30 days by the time all your buds shoot it . Hey i love it when full auto comes to my land , and the wife taxes all shooters as a " mag or two " ( dont worry she is good at small bursts ) . None the less for pure shooting i could " buy as i fly " and be a lot cheaper .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I belong to two ranges.
    They are $50 per year each.

One is 20 miles from my house.
    The other is 10 miles from my parents house where I visit a lot.

There are definitely ranges I could join for much much more but I like the raw ranges that I belong to now. No hassle and never crowded.

It's wishfull thinking up here.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

VIP Member
    no...

$0.00, I go right out back of my house. All the ranges in Eastern Idaho are outside anyways. Wish we had an indoor range in the winter time.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Our club fee is $120/year. Since I am a club officer, officers pay no fees. We have 6 pistol bays, and 50 and 100 yards for rifle. All outside with a covered awning over some shooting tables. Very seldom is there anyone on the range, and I have never been there when you couldn't find an open bay.

VIP Member
    Ah the beauty of living in the high desert... we don't need no stinkin' ranges!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    $300/year for family. (Included my inlaws)

30 public lanes 10 Police only.
    10 50yrd pistol/
    10 50 yrd pistol/rifle (up to 50bmg) and
    10 100 yard pistol/rifle.

Shotguns are ok if shooting slugs.
    Blackpowder is ok if measured out at home and brought in.
    No tracers or other similar rounds because the backstop is shredded tires.
    Double tap/triple tap drawing from holster all ok as long as you can keep on target. (No crossdraw or small of back)

Completly indoors but the hours are strange. Tuesdays/Thursdays 6pm-9pm Saturday/Sunday 1pm-6pm.

They host all sorts of shooting sports competitions and the like, and with the exception of one staff member the staff is very friendly and helpfull.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Guess I'm pretty lucky. Pay nothing for access to a military rifle range with targets to 100 yards. There is an adjacent pistol range. This range is open four days per week.

Also have my own range with covered shooting bench and with butts to 175 yards-soon to be 250yards: Drawback, it's 70 miles from home.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links