Do you pay yearly dues to a range?

This is a discussion on Do you pay yearly dues to a range? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I pay $50 a year to a range that is about 30 miles from my house. It has 2 25 yard bays with 5 lanes ...

View Poll Results: How much do you pay yearly for your range?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • $60 or less

59 35.98%
  • $60 to $120

53 32.32%
  • Over $120

52 31.71%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you pay yearly dues to a range?

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar

Do you pay yearly dues to a range?

I pay $50 a year to a range that is about 30 miles from my house. It has 2 25 yard bays with 5 lanes in each bay and a large 100 yard bay.

If you are a member of a range what do you pay yearly?
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    60 a year for a family membership. It has a covered 100 yard range, covered 200 range and a separate covered pistol range.

100 yarder has 15 tables. Actually one can shoot a gong at the top of the hill that is 180 yards.

We have concrete walkways at 7,15,25,and 50.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I pay $150 a year for an indoor range. Unlimited use, no time limit on lane and guest pay half price. Also includes discount on ammo, holsters, etc. I go there often so the yearly fee pays for itself after a dozen visits.

$140/yr. 'Gold' level member at the Smith & Wesson Shooting Sports Center.
    http://shootingsports.smith-wesson.c...ingCenter.html

I'll soon be going into my third yr. renewal.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

$20 a year. Two 25 yard pistol ranges, 200 yard rifle range, and trap and skeet leagues.
    "The Army and the Navy are run like traditional military services. The Air Force is run like a corporation. But the Marine Corps is a religion." — Navy Admiral

University of Science Music and Culture

SEMPER FI!

TyC
    Nice indoor range with pop up steel reactive targets, nice clean lanes that are well lit. Gun rentals including M-16, MP5, UZI, AK-47, G18, UMP, and other automatics Relaxed workers who dont mind me picking up my brass. I can go everyday for and hour, and bring 2 people with me for free, but we have to share a lane if it's busy. They have classes for SD shooting and CCW permits.

Heres the link to their site.
    http://www.rangemasters.com/index.html
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

I pay zero. I hate organized ranges and their "cease fire" announcements. Thank God I live in Arizona where we can still go out in the country and fire at will. My favorite spot has everything from .22 plinkers, to trap shooters, to full blown Class III guys out there. Never one problem, and I don't have to put up with the "range monkeys" yelling at me about wearing a holster!

$45 for a family membership, $3 every time I shoot, which is anytime I feel like going since I have a key. Oh, did I mention it's six blocks from my house? Indoors with three 50' (not yard) ranges. The only problem is it's only heated intermittently in the winter. Other than that, it's a tough deal to beat let me tell you!
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

I shoot at the range for free.

How many of you guys are allowed to carry concealed, and draw from that position in a realistic situation? Very few "for profit" ranges allow that!

I can.

I've been a member of a conservation club (Located about seven miles from my home.) that has an informal handgun and rifle range since 1993. During that time my annual renewal dues have increased from $12.00-$50,00.

The latest increase was $10.00, and is intended to help pay for legal expenses due to a frivolous lawsuit brought against the club by a disgruntled group of spoiled urbanites who decided to build their rural dwellings near a chartered non-profit club that has existed for at least seventy years.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    How many of you guys are allowed to carry concealed, and draw from that position in a realistic situation? Very few "for profit" ranges allow that!
    A few years ago I was visiting my parents in PRIL and went to my dad's club range. We were the only ones there. I had just finished my second tour in Bosnia (oh, and had attended a couple crash-bang courses before and in-between)--and, as usual, had my P226 in my holster.

After an hour, some guy came into the range and started giving me the stink eye I ignored him.

I continued my drills (strong-handed-only drills/reholstering, strong-hand-only reloading & DAO firing). Nothing unsafe, nothing I had not been trained in doing.

30 minutes later I hear this guy giving my Dad a ration of cr@p. It seems I did not "kiss the ring" and get a "holster card" So I would have to take the holster off. Why? "We don't want people shooting the ceiling" OK--reasonable....but did you see me shoot the ceiling?

How do I get a holster card? <short version> Kiss the ring of the club President, pay $x, have 5 "holster-card-certified" people observe you for a period of two months and have a vote by the membership.

OMG

ok....fine....I'll shoot the rest of my string, but I won't use the holster.

Now the guy is about to stroke out---"No...you must take it off....only "holster-card" people can wear one."

OK...but now it's holding my cell phone....

"Nope...it has to come off"

I then shared my opinion and left no question how I felt about the policy. Then explained how I managed not to shoot myself or any GG after carrying for two years in Bosnia.

"We don't even let police or FBI agents carry in a holster"

And I bet that makes you feel real special.

I then packed up my gear and waited outside as this illi-nazi ruined my day at the range with my dad I hadn't seen in three years

Haven't been back to that range since.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

ckd
    It's all about supply and demand.

I prefer to pay by the hour, even though for a year at different ranges I took the year plan, $200 dollar range which was a break-even if you went roughly twenty times, for the discount off the hourly rate. One place provided extras: a club room, lockers, toilet use, and special lanes where you could fire the only rifles allowed, 22lr, but only allowed brass. The other didn't have little extras but would let me do anything except fire long guns. Newest hourly range allows SG, limited carbines, and rapid fire at any distance, but is quite a travel to a not so safe area.

Hate ranges, and will someday buy a piece of property that will allow for hunting and shooting at my pleasure.

I can't vote because I don't pay to shoot my own ammo in my own guns. I live in the country so my backyard is my range, thank the Good Lord!!
    The brand new state of the art range down in the city is 200 per year but this includes your entire family.
    NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links