History buffs? Antiques anyone?

This is a discussion on History buffs? Antiques anyone? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I know these pics don't do it justice, and I found this in the shed a while back. Trying to de-rust it little by little. ...

Thread: History buffs? Antiques anyone?

History buffs? Antiques anyone?

I know these pics don't do it justice, and I found this in the shed a while back. Trying to de-rust it little by little. On the left side of the barrel close to the breech, it's engraved--'cyl bore'. Smooth bore, no rifling. Any ideas? Suggestions for me to get this back into any shape? The hammer pulls back, but won't stay cocked. The trigger also moves with the hammer, but not far enough. Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Its an old single barrel shotgun.
    Probably just needs a few springs.

There were multitudes of them made and sold by many different builders so it could be anything.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

A fine project to take a couple of pieces of Walnut and cut of anything that does not look like a shotgun and then hang it on the wall. It will never probably be worth much effort except for the satisfaction of restocking it. Frankly it does not look like it will ever be a shooter.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Looks like the reciever to something along the lines of a NEF/H&R Pardner to me.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    On a previous thread, a friend of mine found an old Webley in the dirt. Considering everything it was in surprisingly good condition and he was wondering what to do with it. I suggested he get some old OD colored boards and mount it on them, just as it is, and use it as a wall-hanger. For yours, of course do as you wish, I'm thinking since it's a shotgun I might consider using it as part of a wall piece with a taxidermied duck or squirrel. Don't you wish the old gun could talk?

Back in the 1930's, here in rural Louisiana, my dad as a kid, was looking inside an old abandoned house and found an old rifle that was left behind(no stock). He didn't know what it was at all, and took it to the local trade school for help from the instructor (BIG mistake) and after a few days it "disappeared". Year's later he could still describe the gun very well and after narrowing it down, I brought some photos to him and he easily ID'd it as a Sharp's rifle. Now I wish that one could talk too.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Links