Trust the ATF ?.. they will set you up to break you down - Page 3

Trust the ATF ?.. they will set you up to break you down

This is a discussion on Trust the ATF ?.. they will set you up to break you down within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by FN1910 . I really don't understand the desire to have a fully automatic weapon that burns ammo faster than Winchester can make ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trust the ATF ?.. they will set you up to break you down

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post

I really don't understand the desire to have a fully automatic weapon that burns ammo faster than Winchester can make it but there appears to be a pile of people that want to. If you can find a way to convert semi's to fully auto and is perfectly legal then you can start hanging around in Bill Gates's neighborhood..
    I've felt the same way for years.

Military weapons seem to fascinate only those that have never actually used them in battle. Fully auto AR's for instance are fairly common with civilians, but last time I checked the CQB manual for the U.S Army does not mention fully auto fire for any method of firing.

1. Slow aimed fire.
    2. Controlled pairs.
    3. Double Taps.
    4. Hammers.

None of which include a switch over to the "fun button"

I support full auto ownership under the current system with Class III protocol of transfer of ownership, but I'm not one to get excited about spending $2,500 of 5.56 ammo just to show my fellow shooters that I don't know squidly about the proper use of the M4 rifle.

If I've got to "break contact" then I'm in a world of hurt or I'm just going to rely on my "gunners" with their 249's and 240's.
    U.S. Army retired
    18F4VW9

I have a friend that owns around 5 to 6 full autos,I can shoot them anytime I will sometimes burn a mag thru them but I like accurate controlled fire,but he shoots his m16 with 10" barrel enough he can dump a 30 round mag in a 10" circle at 15 yards, I don't wanta burn up that much ammo that fast but he can afford it.At one time they made a dropin autosear for AR15's it accomplished what the factory sear did but you could take it out when done,they are a registered part and unless manufactured and registered before 1984 you get caught with a sear and an AR15 even if it's not installed you got a machine gun.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

They didn't get the nickname American Gestapo for nothing...
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Hey, c'mon. Wasen't it predictable? Ya didn't have to have a crystal ball to see it come'n

Reminds me of the shoestring letter.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygod View Post
    I've felt the same way for years.

Military weapons seem to fascinate only those that have never actually used them in battle. Fully auto AR's for instance are fairly common with civilians, but last time I checked the CQB manual for the U.S Army does not mention fully auto fire for any method of firing.

1. Slow aimed fire.
    2. Controlled pairs.
    3. Double Taps.
    4. Hammers.

None of which include a switch over to the "fun button"

I support full auto ownership under the current system with Class III protocol of transfer of ownership, but I'm not one to get excited about spending $2,500 of 5.56 ammo just to show my fellow shooters that I don't know squidly about the proper use of the M4 rifle.

If I've got to "break contact" then I'm in a world of hurt or I'm just going to rely on my "gunners" with their 249's and 240's.
    I have to dispute you on this. What the Military practices is irrelevant when it comes to my freedom. The spirit of the 2A was to keep and bear arms in fear of either an invading army or a tyrannical government; hence the need for military style guns to keep the militia(made up of the average civilian) i.e. people, on the same page and gear list as the regular soldiers. IMO the spirit hasn't changed one bit. In fact, I see a greater need for your average person to have similar firearm capability. As far as a "quote unquote fun switch" if my neighbor or me wants to go out and do mag dumps with his M4 every Friday night ; thats none of my business (except I hope he invites me once and while).

"Military weapons seem to fascinate only those that have never actually used them in battle. Fully auto AR's for instance are fairly common with civilians, but last time I checked the CQB manual for the U.S Army does not mention fully auto fire for any method of firing."

The M16 was not made by the military. It was made by Mr. Stoner. The military bought a gun made by a civilian just like they did with the Thompson, Garand, and Barrett and every other gun ....Also, it may not be in the army manual but thats not the only manual out there.

No I don't trust the ATF, example Ruby Ridge, and Waco. The ATF murdered those people.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

He has a good reason to be upset. Not only with the ATF but also with the NRA. You would think the NRA would jump on this, like a duck on a june bug. This is why I do not belong to the NRA, but GOA. They seem to stand up to the Government more then the NRA, anymore.
    John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    I have to dispute you on this. What the Military practices is irrelevant when it comes to my freedom. The spirit of the 2A was to keep and bear arms in fear of either an invading army or a tyrannical government; hence the need for military style guns to keep the militia(made up of the average civilian) i.e. people, on the same page and gear list as the regular soldiers. IMO the spirit hasn't changed one bit. In fact, I see a greater need for your average person to have similar firearm capability. As far as a "quote unquote fun switch" if my neighbor or me wants to go out and do mag dumps with his M4 every Friday night ; thats none of my business (except I hope he invites me once and while).

"Military weapons seem to fascinate only those that have never actually used them in battle. Fully auto AR's for instance are fairly common with civilians, but last time I checked the CQB manual for the U.S Army does not mention fully auto fire for any method of firing."

The M16 was not made by the military. It was made by Mr. Stoner. The military bought a gun made by a civilian just like they did with the Thompson, Garand, and Barrett and every other gun ....Also, it may not be in the army manual but thats not the only manual out there.

No I don't trust the ATF, example Ruby Ridge, and Waco. The ATF murdered those people.
    You must have not understood my post.

Again, I support the ownership of Class III weapons, but I'm not one to get excited about running full auto AR's, Uzi's, or MP5's. Been there done that before.

I'm more prone to purchase suppressors for my weapons, as seen in my Avatar. The use of suppresssors limits the adverse sound signatures to neighbors, even out here in the vast land of farms where your neighbors are a mile from you due east and west and south and north.

The purpose of the post was to demonstrate that a certain type of individual get's excited about full auto firearms. In other words, hollywood wanabee's with too much money and time on their hands.

If you don't like my opinion, then just sit and sip your coffee with a littel less sugar.

Only an idiot would even consider the use of full auto fire in a semi persmissive envirenment like an urban neighborhood. I've counseled police departments on this liability before and they too seem to think that their badge gives them the necessary proficiencey in full auto mode to assure that all bullets are discriminatory. (Insert wanker emoticon)

Edit to add:

I have no love for the BATFE. In fact they should washed off the face of all of our agencies. Their sole mission is one thing................to infringe our Right to Keep and Bear Arms and of course their fishing excursions as discussed in this thread.
    U.S. Army retired
    18F4VW9

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Another case of uncle sam hurting the little guy trying to make an honest livening
    following the rules of law,then having the same laws changed midway because
    he's improved his product so it works.To bad, he doesn't have legal recourse,I
    guess welfare the only road left for him now unless he tries something different.
    Stories like this **** me off!

He could probably produce and market the devices if they were just like the original sample submitted to the BATFE - one that doesn't work.

While I don't think there is any reason decent citizens should be prohibited from owning and shooting full auto firearms, until the law is changed you can count on the BATFE to stomp you into the ground if you produce a device that allows full auto fire from a semi.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links