OK I did it...Another Sig......

This is a discussion on OK I did it...Another Sig...... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I needed a pratice pistol that was cheap to shoot and did not hurt like mu S&W 642 and Keltec 380... I did my research ...

Thread: OK I did it...Another Sig......

I needed a pratice pistol that was cheap to shoot and did not hurt like mu S&W 642 and Keltec 380...

I did my research and read on most forums that Sig had the teething problems corrected on the Sig Mosquito. I checked the interent and found the best price I could find for a new one around 325.00. So it would cost

325.00 Pistol
    25.00 shipping
    50.00 transfer
    10.00 background

410.00 Total

I checked the range pistol shop I always use and they ordered one for me for.....

287.00 Pistol
    20.00 Tax
    10.00 Background

317.00 Total

Hard deal to beat.....

1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

JD
    Administrator
    Very nice, can't beat a good .22 for a "fun gun."

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Hmmm very nice...

When did they make the changes and is there any way to tell?

Very nice!! Gonna be lots of fun at the range.

Lead Moderator
    Give us a range report when you get the chance.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member
    Congrats...enjoy!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Sounds like a good deal to me.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    I'm interested to hear how it shoots! Thinking about a .22 pistol for my oldest son's birthday. Have fun with it!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

OK, Range Report.....

Wife and I went to Range USA for their "date night" special. 2 meals, 2 boxes of ammo, 2 targets, and range time for $39.00. Hard to beat. Only problem we had was after 36 years of marraige, we wern't sure if they'd give US the date night special....

I shot the Sig and the Sig.... A P239 40, and the 22 Mosquito. I really did not clean it before we went shooting as well as I should have. I used the CCI mini mags. We went through a box of 100. and had 1 failure to feed, and 1 failure to close all the way early on. We were shoting at 25 ft. Accuracy was very good. Better than I was. My wife did better than I did. I do not see how she can shoot at all as she has Lazy Eye in her right eye, but shoots right handed using her left eye. I tell her that will not work, but she keep out shooting me. AND when we had the Carry Permit Class (not CCW in TN) She had the highest score in the class with a 45!

So looks like Sig has corrected any problems they had early on. The Double Action is still heavy, and the SA has a lot of take up, but still a fun gun to shoot and practice with. AND it is a Sig.....
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Links