What was/is your cheapest piece of junk handgun?

This is a discussion on What was/is your cheapest piece of junk handgun? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I to purchased a raven 25 for $50 from a deputy and he even used the paper work. It never worked right from day one!...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What was/is your cheapest piece of junk handgun?

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I to purchased a raven 25 for $50 from a deputy and he even used the paper
    work. It never worked right from day one!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Jennings 22 lr. The only use for it is a fishing line weight. It found a new home some time ago-good riddens.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

I too had a Jennings setting in my safe for 25 years and a couple of months ago I took it with me to a gun show and sold it to a dealer for $25 and I set the price. I originally purchased it for my wife when someone got raped near her office on Pope AFB NC. They had a little walk through gate without guards on it just behind her building and a trailer park next to it. There was no CCW provision in NC at the time and I figured better to be tried by 12 then carried by 6. The only thing it did would go off when you pulled the trigger. I will give it that but that is it. I also traded a pre war Mauser 22 rifle that my father brought back from WWII for a S&W model 28 .357 when I was 18 years old and thought I needed a .357. Worst trade I ever made and I wouldn't give you $50 for the S&W. After lots of searching I finally found another Mauser .22 to replace the one I traded off and paid $450 for it. I don't even remember what happened to the S&W but I still enjoy shooting the Mauser.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Assistant Administrator
    I finally found another Mauser .22 to replace the one I traded off
    Would that have been one of these? I got this rifle for a great price a long while ago - quite the most excellent .22 bolt ever IMO. Me no sell!!

Just wish I could find a spare mag.

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Cheapest one I've got in a Corba derringer in .38SPL, bought for like $110. Not practical, but fun to shoot, besides, the little things are kinda cool.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Im looking for one just so i can play around with it
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Exactly Chris, I've posted pictures of it before. Mine had/has a 5 shot magazine but about everything else is the same. It just took years to find a replacement.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Natureboypkr View Post
    Im looking for one just so i can play around with it
    Why???
    Take the advise of everyone else and avoid those POS guns. It doesn't cost that much more to find a used quality gun that will serve your purpose with style!

FM Hi-Power. I think I paid $225 sometime in 1999. First handgun I ever bought. It wasn't a complete piece of junk. Actually wish I had it back.
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

my NAA 22. it's worthless, and downright scary to shoot.
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Emphasizing the "piece of junk", the gun that met both of your criteria was a new in the box Keltec P11. I bought it because of the recommendations that I heard here. It had a horribly long trigger pull, and it was so bad that it would rub blisters on my trigger finger. In Nevada, we have to qualify with every gun we want to carry concealed, and it's than listed on your permit. I had to wear band aids on both index fingers to avoid blisters. But the worst part was that it constantly jammed. It would either jam, stove pipe, etc. I took it to a gunsmith, and had a "fluff and buff" done, but only little improvement. I hated that gun so much that after losing my job, and needing money, I took it back to the store and gladly accepted less than half of what I paid for it. I know that there are a lot of people, especially here, who own Keltecs, and love them. I respect their opinions, but I'll never get another one.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    The most inexpensive handgun I ever bought was a Hi-Point C9. It went bang everytime I pulled the trigger, and was surprisingly accurate with WWB ammo. I ended up selling it, and probably will never own another one.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

cobra ca380. i bought it for $90, put 20 rounds through it, then the slidde broke. i sent it back to them, and it turns out, i was missing a slide bumper. the replaced that and the slide, cleaned the rest of it up, and sent me two spare mags. it's actually pretty accurate for a junk gun, and it's made in the USA.

Administrator
    I think the cheapest I have is a Keltec P32... its not exactly a POS, but its no show peice.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    I had a Lorcin .380 in nickle finish (naturally), purchased at a gun show for $60. It was a POS in just about every way. It was stolen when my house was broken into - the police eventually recovered it, but it wasn't worth it to me by then to go and claim it!
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links