What was/is your cheapest piece of junk handgun?

This is a discussion on What was/is your cheapest piece of junk handgun? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by JT I'll give you $200 for it. Sorry Already sold it. It wa a gen 1 But still...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What was/is your cheapest piece of junk handgun?

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by JT View Post
    I'll give you $200 for it.
    Sorry Already sold it. It wa a gen 1 But still
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    I too have a "little" RG 23 (.22 cal). I bought this gun from my buddy for $20. I needed a little "varmit" pistol as we tend to trap alot of opposums and raccoons here on the farm and I got tired of luggin the rifle out to take care of "bussiness". Granted it probably isn't the best of quality but I really do not think it's a piece of junk either. It works fine and does what I got it for.
    Bwahahaha. I've one with plastic grips. It was my great grandfather's. The velocity out if it is so low that it won't shoot through thin sheet metal but the same round in a semiauto rifle will punch the same piece every time.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Hi-Point .40, although I must admit it functioned flawlessly until the day I sold it.

I was given a Sterling Arms .22 pistol. Best single-shot-automatic I ever owned!!!!!!

I have a Jennings .25 that I got when my Dad passed away. That thing wouldn't fire two rounds with out jamming. I worked on it for fun and got that thing running really well, but now I need another part for it. One of these days I am going to get it back up and running.
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

VIP Member
    I also have an RG in .22. My mother uses blanks in it to scare birds.

It may be cheap & hard to reload, but remember, John Hinckley used one that nearly killed Pres. Reagan, put Brady in a wheel chair (..which resulted in Sarah Brady turning on gun owners), wounded another Secret Service Agent & a DC cop.

So the RG has had nearly as much, if not more, impact on us as many other 'higher quality' weapons.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Closest thing to that description was an H & R snubbie in .32 SW Long (model 732?). It was my grandmother's bedside piece. I've since given it to my youngest daughter ...

Nick

I have a cheap gun but it is a great gun. It is a Makrov .380 and it shoots like a dream. It fires any kind of ammo and it always goes bang. It has a decocker system and resembles a Walther PPK but I would prefer the Makrov to the Walther except for resale value. Shooting from a rest gives me very small groups and the only complaint would be the adjustable sight which is not as good for a carry gun as a plain larger sight would be. The 9 mm Makrov might be even a shade better but using high power ammo in the .380 seems to do well for most applications. It is the AK 47 of handguns.
    Sambo74
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

H&R top break .38S&W that was given to me by my ex Spanish Father-in-law while in Spain. I have never shot it because the latch spring is weak and I don't consider it safe to shoot. I keep it because it is an Antique.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    So many here think Hi-Points are ugly, sloppy, ungainly and awkward but also seem to WORK.

Makes me want to try one out, 'specially since they are cheap.

I've got a soft spot for such devices....
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

I had a .32 S&W clone. It had plastic hand grips that were stripped so I had to put tape around the handle to keep them in place. I looked cool... from a distance. Up close, not so pretty. I used to joke that it was my throw down piece. More like a Saturday afternoon special rather that a Saturday night special.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Douthit View Post
    I have a cheap gun but it is a great gun. It is a Makrov .380 and it shoots like a dream. It fires any kind of ammo and it always goes bang. It has a decocker system and resembles a Walther PPK but I would prefer the Makrov to the Walther except for resale value. Shooting from a rest gives me very small groups and the only complaint would be the adjustable sight which is not as good for a carry gun as a plain larger sight would be. The 9 mm Makrov might be even a shade better but using high power ammo in the .380 seems to do well for most applications. It is the AK 47 of handguns.
    I also have a .380 Makarov, I would not call it junk but it was cheap $129. It is reliable, accurate, ugly and cheap; just like me!
    Sometimes I wonder who the old man in the mirror is....

Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

a 22lr/22 mag texas star that i got in germany in the 70's for under $40.00. it is a single action cowboy gun. it is well made, just cheap in price.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Well, I have TWO RG .22's and TWO H&R Young American .22's. I did not buy them, they were given to me.
    You can never have enough magazines or ammo.

Cobray .45LC/.410 derringer 70.00 dollars.
    And all my new guys and gals get to shoot it, if they
    are brave enough.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links