What was/is your cheapest piece of junk handgun? - Page 6

What was/is your cheapest piece of junk handgun?

This is a discussion on What was/is your cheapest piece of junk handgun? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was one of the privledged few who learned how to shoot on the cheapest, most jam prone, hand cutting, gritty stiff triggered Helwan Brigadier. ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    TyC

Helwan

I was one of the privledged few who learned how to shoot on the cheapest, most jam prone, hand cutting, gritty stiff triggered Helwan Brigadier. Its a cheaply made egyptian knock off of the Berreta M52 pistol. The grips broke and would pinch my hands, the slide had nice sharp edges that would cut to top of my hand and it would throw brass in face about once a day. Its a single action AD waiting to happen. Oh and I picked it up for $10 and still have it.
    Last edited by TyC; January 21st, 2008 at 11:27 PM.
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Nickel plated High Standard .22 Magnum derringer. My ex-wife gave it to me when I was in my early 20's. I should have known she was thinking of my personal protection since it would only fire once in every 20 or so rounds. My apartment was robbed later and the slime bag pukes made off with TV's, stereos, and a 70 series Colt GM. They left the High Standard in the drawer.

A Skyy.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by mech1369dlw View Post
    S&W SW9M, biggest piece of garbage ever thought of. Trigger pull seemed to be 500 lbs, wouldn't fire 2 shots in a row without something happening to it. Had to puch out 2 small pins to dis-assemble it, maybe it would go back together, maybe it wouldn't. Part of the plastic frame broke, waiting for a police by back program around the area to off load it.
    Wonder if S&W would help you out of that one with some warranty.

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    I define "cheapest piece of junk handgun" as one that was unreliable and unpleasant to shoot . . . regardless of cost.

Therefore, my nominee is the S&W Sigma 40V. Bought new as a LE gun, first range trip 5 parts broke after the second mag was fired (all factory 165/180 gr FP/RN FMJ)!! Third mag dropped out (as did all subsequent mags) when gun was raised from the bench. Terrible trigger pull too.

Returned to S&W, they fixed it, I function-tested it and then sold it. Total ~50 rds thru it.

Cheapest - 3" Rossi M68, 5-shot .38 - has run perfectly for 13yrs. $69 at pawn shop.

Next cheapest - Iver Johnson .22 mag revolver - works O.K. $75

Next cheapest - Bryco M48 .380 - well over 1200 rds thru it - finally showing some wear - $79.00

Next cheapest - Pheonix Arms HP22A - Purrs like a kitten. $115

Only gun I have/had that was "junk" - Standard Arms SA-9 - paid $175 for it and it broke into hundreds of pieces after about 30 rds. and the company went out of business.

I like cheap guns, especially if they work!

Oh, and I also have a "free" gun that someone didn't want....Yup, a RG22 short! It works, but thats about all I can say good about it.
    FREEDOM MATTERS!

kpw
    The cheapest, a Davis .32, worked just fine with FMJ only. The biggest pieces of junk? 1. IntraTec Cat 9. Huge POS! 2. Early 90s Springer 1911. After it came back the second time it was gone. 3. Charter Arms Bulldog Pug. The action would lock up and the barrel shroud wouldn't stay in place.

astra .380.......150$had it two weeks and sold it for 100$
    "Here Newt, It's better to have that and not need it, than to need it and not have it." Woodrow F. Call

Talon T-200 $100.00.....it exploded & injured my brother($3000.00 hospital bill)...I still have it, broken slide and all, in a box somewhere. My brother....still mentally scared and scarred of guns!

RG .22! I've killed so many possums and other wild animals with that gun, it's hard to call it junk. It was free, but it's been long since retired when I read it was crap. I thought ...Made in Germany ... must be great! I Must have been wrong.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links