CZ 75 Opinions?

This is a discussion on CZ 75 Opinions? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've got one and love it. I am a 1911 fan, I've got 9 of 'em, so the new grip angle took a little getting ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CZ 75 Opinions?

I've got one and love it. I am a 1911 fan, I've got 9 of 'em, so the new grip angle took a little getting used to, but when I did - I liked it. It is true that with use, the trigger smoothes out a great deal.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by sharpetop View Post
    75BD ... For $300 LNIB, I feel like I ripped somebody off.
    Yeah, it can seem like that, at times. Highly underrated.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I have a CZ 75 PCR Compact, and love it! The aim is true, it feels great and is well-balanced. I highly recommend!

CZ-75B here. I love it. Natural point of aim. Light recoil. Very accurate. Like others mentioned above, not meant to be a concealed carry weapon but would in a heartbeat if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelbric View Post
    Like others mentioned above, not meant to be a concealed carry weapon but would in a heartbeat if possible.
    It's my carry piece. A sturdy belt & a slightly modified C-Tac and not even the wife knows I'm carrying until she hugs me or I show it. I'm medium build, 200 lbs & 5'11".

A lot of people carry full size 1911's, there's no reason a Cz 75 can't be carried as well.

Also as to it's performance, I volunteer as a range safety officer for a CCW class once a month. I usually demo for the students prior to each fire course/drill. So once a month I have at least 14 people impressed by the Cz.

A lot of people carry full size 1911's, there's no reason a Cz 75 can't be carried as well.
    I agree on that point BUT if I'm going to carry something that big/heavy, I'd rather it be .45 instead of 9mm. AND the fully loaded CZ-75B is about a half pound heavier than my Sig P220 (.45).

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't think a 9mm is as effective for self defense as a .45.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by ken45 View Post
    I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't think a 9mm is as effective for self defense as a .45.

Ken
    OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!! CALIBER WARS!!!! LOL.

Short story, until I get a "collection" my one pistol was chosen as a good all around one. Cheaper to practice with, the wife can handle it if she must & some will argue that with an appropriate defense load & shot placement you don't give up much to other calibers.

OR maybe I'm just a quantity over "quality" kinda guy? With 15+1 or if I ever get the SP01 Mags 18+1 per load, at least surpressive fire is also an option on the table (though unlikely).

Nope! I do not intend to start a caliber discussion! Sorry. I was just relating it to why I don't carry my CZ75.

As for the number of rounds issue, maybe it's just me, but I know I've caught myself thinking "oh, more rounds, I don't have to worry as much about being on target". Whoops! Sounds dangerous, especially for hitting unintended targets. From what I understand, in the old days when cops carried revolvers, 3 or 4 rounds were plenty to do the job. Now that they have large capacity guns, they "need" more rounds to do the job. I suspect there is a psychological issue there, for police, and for me. Just my thoughts.

Ken

I have a CZ75B. A friend introduced me to CZs in '94. I was looking for a pistol to replace my Taurus 85 snubbie (always HATED that gun)... He suggested a BHP, but I didn't have the $$$...college, ya know? Anyway, last year I finally got a used CZ75B for under $300... It only had one mag and I have yet to correct that fault since I carry the G26...(Been collecting hi-cap Glock mags). But...oh...it feels so good in my hands and is ACCURATE.

Yes, it is heavy. It's harder to conceal than the baby Glock. It seems much better made than the Witness pistols I've played with, too. If I were to carry something larger than the g26 that was also in 9mm, I'd probably go with the G19 instead of the CZ75B for weight diff's and maintenance considerations (I sweat a LOT in the summer). The fact remains that I shoot it more accurately than the baby Glock which I shoot much more accurately than the 1911. For a value piece that is a JOY to shoot and relatively cheap to shoot...I'll keep the CZ75B.
    XD9 Service, CZ-75B, Glock 21, Kel-Tec P3AT
    Rifles...yes...and shotguns....and
    "Unofficial Legislative Attache...er...Watchdog...er...Agitator."
    "Yes, I vote...but not for the candidate I prefer: None of the Above."

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    *sigh* I miss my CZ40P sooo much,..such a comfrotable accurate reliable peice

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Ok, I give up!

You talked me into it! Going to a gun show this weekend to check out the CZ 75D PCR. It will be a nice sibling to my Bersa 9UC.

I don't think I have read one bad thing about the CZ line of pistols and since I ain't exactely rolling in dough, the pistol sounds like you get a lot of bang for the buck.

Now, where (in your opinions) is a great place to purchase this fine pistol?

Michael
    In a crisis situation, you will not rise to the occasion but default to your level of training.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ07 View Post
    Now, where (in your opinions) is a great place to purchase this fine pistol?
    Check on the CZ "where to buy" web page. It looks like there's a shop in Adrian, MI. There are other stores within ~70mi of you, up in Ann Arbor, Flint, Madison Hgts.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Before Angus Hobdell was starring with CZ, a very good friend of mine was whipping everybody who came along in USPSA limited division back in the '90s with his CZ in .40 caliber; He accomplished this despite having only 12 round magazines, a hellweg holster, no barrel weights, no special sights, etc.. He even managed to squeeze in a couple of IDPA state championships, as well as making the finals in the american handgunner shootoffs. All in all i watched my friend put well over 100,000 rounds through that pistol, and one day during a concealed carry class he was teaching the gun finally seized up on him in the 30 degree temperature at the range. His solution? he got a spare quart of motor oil out of his trunk, and with a tootbrush did a quick field strip, lubed and cleaned the gun, put it back together and finished the class. He still uses the gun today.

I promise you, CZ builds one tough-a** firearm for the money. If you don't believe me, just ask my friend.

His name is Ted Bonnet.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

I have the 2 -tone G.M cz p-01 for one of my CCW's and I have to say that it is AWESOME!! It is true that the trigger was very gritty when I purchased the gun but after a few hundred squeezes it smoothed right out. The trigger is very smoothe now. It has a great weight on the double action pull and a very crisp light single action pull.The P-01 has fantastic pointability (word??) and feels great in the hands. As far a reliability goes, I am at 3,000 rounds and not one FTE, or FTF. I can't say enough good things about this gun (obviously), and I would highly recommend it to anyone. BTW it is laser accurate. (To bad I'm not).The P-01's are a superb gun for the price. I would highly suggest that you take a close look at the CZ line of pistols. Just MHO.

I think the ergonomics of the CZ line are fantastic, and they are sweet shooters, I had an old CZ a few years ago, never should have sold the darn thing, but cars break more than my guns. I may have to pick one up to be a backup if I ever have to send my HK out, however unlikely it may be. Yes, I am a HK snob and proud of it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links