.50 cal. 1911 Beast

This is a discussion on .50 cal. 1911 Beast within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; LR, I have _heard_ from a couple of owners over at 1911Forum.com and read via product reviews that the GI pistols both in .50GI and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .50 cal. 1911 Beast

LR,

I have _heard_ from a couple of owners over at 1911Forum.com and read via product reviews that the GI pistols both in .50GI and .45 ACP are custom quality on par with others such as Les Baer and Wilson in specific. I don't think I've ever heard it compared to STI in specific but they are all in the same pond price and production quality wise. Workmanship is allegedly high as well as performance. As to reliability I don't know. Folks report such as in the article I linked having shot 100 or more rounds through a given unit with no errors, hiccups, and good accuracy. But frankly I personally expect as much and do not at all consider 100 rds. down range to be even a break in muchless a full functionality and reliability assessment for an autoloader. Revolver yes but not for an autoloader. I've not heard anything that I can recall about how their .45 conversion runs but having as much would make sense and cents if one could get past the initial investment cost.
    I have read but not heard directly that these units are/have been under evaluation for use by LEO and military thanks to it's high net energy output per the cartridge and the pistols 1911 form factor being both familiar and functional.

IMHO this round would be supreme for HD in specific ,outside of a shotgun, thanks to it's high energy ratings and low muzzle velocity reducing possibility for over penetration be the point of impact human tissue or layers of drywall and wall studs.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

2. Remove Ads

- Janq
    I agree I'd like to see something more than 100 round reports. Even though I want to dress her up she'd have to be reliable because home defense would be her designated job. She definitely has the qualifications to do that in spades We don't let safe queens live here. Suppose my task is to find one to handle and see if the "need" set in
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links