Can't decide on Hi-Cap9, here's what - Page 2

Can't decide on Hi-Cap9, here's what

This is a discussion on Can't decide on Hi-Cap9, here's what within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well that is alot of help. Looks like Glock is the most preferred.M&P next, than XD. I just have to make up my mind. I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well that is alot of help. Looks like Glock is the most preferred.M&P next, than XD. I just have to make up my mind. I do like Hi-Powers, they shoot like my 1911's. In design, that is. Thanks for all that contributed.

HKR
    I would go with the G19. Theres a reason that they are as popular as they are.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    If your like me and extremely lazy!!!!! When it comes to cleaning and maintance of guns. GLOCK hands down.

I have a M&P 9mm carried it. Top of slide started to get surface rust, after a few weeks. Handed it to my dad.
    My Fiance carries a XD-9 compact I HATE THAT GUN for the soul reason that it turns brown constantly. It doesn't PIT but it gets that rusty film on it alot. It was in the safe turning brown when none of the other guns where. I went out and had to buy a big thing of Silica Gel just for it.

Sig requires some more time and attention to detail more oil. I have a 226,228, 225 and I will generally baby those.

I've had my G17 for about a year now. I've shot about 2-3K round through it. I cleaned it last November, completly disasembled it dropped metal slide, Barrel, main spring, in Ultrasonicfor the first time, I took the Plastic frame to the sink and with a tooth brush and some SOAP cleaned the Tupperwear in about 30 seconds. Went to some training last weekend in zero below tempatures, it was so cold my AR was seizing up. Put it this way I got a lot of transitional drills in, and I wasn't supposed to be doing transistions. Due the metal changing dimensions and the Marine I lent it to did not OIL IT!!!!!!!

The point is the G17 has never failed to skip a beat. I shot it again today ran about 300 rounds through it with myself and students using it. NO Problems. It looks like an old Golden retriever right now with a White Nose.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

I would go for a Sig 228 or 229. Great firearms. However, a High Power (or FEG clone if you can find one) is thinner, easier to conceal, lighter, and feels good in your hand. However, you might want to see how well the safety works with your hand.

Ken

XD9!

My order is this..

G19
    XD9
    M&P

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    My vote is for glock 19 as they are so easy to clean.

G19 or Hi-Power for the win.

The only one on that list that I wouldn't touch is the Sr-9...the trigger on it feels horrible. Otherwise, the rest are all very good choices. Personally, I'm an xd owner, but if I could afford another hi-power (used to have one) I would go for that again. I'm not a fan of the take down on the M&P's, but the do feel decent in the hand. Glocks don't fit my hand so I don't own any of them, but they are obviously known to be reliable, which is something one needs in a daily carry. I am going to echo the tried and true about finding a way to fire each and see what you like.
    "All war is deception" --Sun Tzu
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

VIP Member

Xd-9

I just got back from the range and the XD was doing a fine job as always.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlockinItUp View Post
    Another for the Glock 19. I have thrown everything I could at the gun, and mine has yet to fail or falter. From +p+ to crap bargain basement ammo, it is boringly reliable, and accurate. I personally addded Heinie Straight-8 night sights, and a 3.5lb connector to mine, but even before that, it was a great gun. I may be biased as it was my first gun, but I will never sell it. If there is one gun that I own that I would take into any conflict without any hesitation, it would by my 19.

That about sums up my view of the Glock 19........ +1 on it!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I'd buy the G19, although I've been tempted by the M&P's lately. Go with the proven design.
    Same here.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by GlockinItUp View Post
    Another for the Glock 19. I have thrown everything I could at the gun, and mine has yet to fail or falter. From +p+ to crap bargain basement ammo, it is boringly reliable, and accurate. I personally addded Heinie Straight-8 night sights, and a 3.5lb connector to mine, but even before that, it was a great gun. I may be biased as it was my first gun, but I will never sell it. If there is one gun that I own that I would take into any conflict without any hesitation, it would by my 19.
    If ever I had a doubt, this post alone would decide me!
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

I have had a Hi-Power for years and got rid of it. Regrets yes. I just wanted a polymer hicap 9 now, to carry instead of my 5906, to heavy. It looks like the 19 is going to be the one. I know it is proven and it actually fits my hand quite well. I have large hands, so grip size has not really been a problem. I guess I needed the extra push to go Glock. Not knocking the other suggestions, all well worth reading. I love my Sigs, but they do not have the smaller poly hicap I am looking for. Thanks for all the insight, this is a great forum and glad to be a member. FWIW, I will be replacing the Hi-Power also. When the funds are there.

for me it would be the glock 19. come to think about it i got one. and they are hard to beat.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links