Can't decide on Hi-Cap9, here's what

This is a discussion on Can't decide on Hi-Cap9, here's what within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have narrowed it down to so far. Not in order of prefrence. Feel free to give pro-con, or experince with any or all to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't decide on Hi-Cap9, here's what

Can't decide on Hi-Cap9, here's what

I have narrowed it down to so far. Not in order of prefrence. Feel free to give pro-con, or experince with any or all to help me decide, or suggest another.It will be a carry gun.Oh,I do not want a sub-compact.
    XD9
    M&P9
    G-19
    SR-9
    Hi-Power, although I do want a polymer, for less weight.
    I know this has been ask a million times, but it has been tough to decide. I have researched them all, but, still want real hands on advice. Other than a gun mag review. Thank ya very much.

2. Remove Ads

G19 But be warned-----I do have a biased opinion concerning the Glocks---all of 'em!
    (edit) By the way--I have two full size G17 and G22, and the sub G27. The G19 is my next purchase, but I've set my goal at no more than $400. It would likely get me a used one, but that's okay--so long as it's the finger groove model with rail.

Administrator
    I'd buy the G19, although I've been tempted by the M&P's lately. Go with the proven design.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I would go with the XD-9 or the M&P 9 in that order. I am one of those that doesn't like the ergonomics of the "Blocks". However, if the Glock feels good to you, it is a worthy weapon.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Like Ram Rod I have a bias, but mine is towards XD. I prefer the grip, the grip safety, and tactile loaded chamber & cocking indicator (both visible and easily felt with your hand).

Glock also makes a great gun, obviously.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

kpw
    G19, M&P9, XD9 in that order for me. Except fondling an SR9, I have no experience with them. I have a strong preference for the G19. I like the M&Ps. XDs are good guns but I don't care for the grip safety or the other two do-dads. I'm sure they work fine, just don't have a use for them.

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Of those listed my bias would be towards the M&P. The ergonomics are IMHO so much better than that of the Glock (for me at least). As well, I just don't shoot the Glocks as well as the M&P. I don't have any experience with the XD but for some reason the grip safety really turns me off (don't know why).
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    Glock 19 for me please.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

not on your list, but sig p226. 17 rounds in aftermarket flush mags. best shooter of any of those listed.
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

Another for the Glock 19. I have thrown everything I could at the gun, and mine has yet to fail or falter. From +p+ to crap bargain basement ammo, it is boringly reliable, and accurate. I personally addded Heinie Straight-8 night sights, and a 3.5lb connector to mine, but even before that, it was a great gun. I may be biased as it was my first gun, but I will never sell it. If there is one gun that I own that I would take into any conflict without any hesitation, it would by my 19.
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at...

Are you accepting alternatives?

Of the 4 guns you mention, I would go with the Glock 19 simply because it is a classic of its type, and everybody should have one. I've had one for 10 years and it works perfectly every time. My only complaints about the G19 are minor, and pertain to the somewhat uncomfortable grip and trigger.

If you are accepting other suggestions for polymer frame 9mm guns, have you considered the Beretta PX4? I have handled one (but not shot it), and the ergonomics are excellent. I have read good reviews of the gun by owners:

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

I would go with the Hi-Power everyone should have at least one. Next would be the G19.
    My world is the only one that counts

Add my vote for the Glock 19. I own one and I know without a doubt it will always go bang, bang, bang in that order. It is a great firearm. Though I have never tried the other ones listed.

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    M&P, XD, Glock, in that order. ANY gun can malfunction or have problems (yes, even the Glock). I've had more problems with Glocks than the other two combined. That said, and having had trigger time with each, why get a Glock when you can get more with the M&P and XD? They are all high capacity, and are generally accurate and reliable. For the Glock, that's it besides having a lot of aftermarket and fewer parts. The M&P fits like a glove (replaceable backstraps) and has soft recoil as to make shooting easier and more accurate, and lets you keep from shooting yourself when you disassemble. The XD has several additional safety features and is modeled for the hand as well, but not as well as the M&P.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

My personnel preference is MP then XD then Glock. Choose the gun that fits your hands best and points well for you because they are all good guns.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links