Springfield XD-45 - Page 2

Springfield XD-45

This is a discussion on Springfield XD-45 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; You found 'em all, your not missing anything....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Springfield XD-45

Administrator
    You found 'em all, your not missing anything.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I've got the XD .45 compact and really like it. It points naturally for me and comes back on target quickly. The 10 round/13 round options were a selling point, too. It eats everything I put through it with out a hiccup. No failures of any kind. It's my everyday carry gun.
    "Whenever you get in a row be sure and not shoot too quick. Take time. I've known many a feller slip up for shootin in a hurry"

Wild Bill Hickock

I have an XD45 4 incher with the Stainless slide. It was love at first sight. Great feel in my hand, sweetly accurate too. I got a box of WWB with it, and when I went through the box, the had minor feeding issues. I grabbed a box of Blaser Brass off the rage's shelf and feeding issues disappeared. Dunno if its just my particular gun, or an issue with the type of ammo, but I continue to use BB with 0 problems with it.

I have the XD45 Bi-Tone 4" Service. It's a great gun, but I've had some issues with FTFs and a little corrosion on the slide (apparently neither is unheard of with XDs). I'm sending it in at the end of the month (I have heard excellent things about their service) to get both issues resolved, and I'll probably have them install some night sights while they have it.
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

XD-45 tactical; About 1200 rounds so far, flawless reliability, handling and accuracy. traded my 1st gen glock for it at a gun show. Much better trigger than the glock in my opinion. If you want to see it in action, go to youtube and search out "mrdiesel2005", you can see me doing house clearing, texas style with it.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Have an XD45 service, 2000+ rounds….no problems.

Just got an XD9SC, 200+ rounds…no problems.

Both feel good, easy to aim and shoot. I trust mine.

I have an XD-40 4" service model It's my carry gun and I've had it for about a year now, and haven't had any problems with it. And I am wearing it right now as I sit here typing. The XD is an excellent pistol I highly recommend them.

Have an XD.45 compact. Easy to conceal 10+1 and 13 in the spare. Rock solid reliable eats whatever I feed it, hits what I point it at every time, I like the lack of manual safties that can confuse things in a SD and the intutive grip trigger safety. Draw, point, fire. Fun to shoot easily managable, amazing to me for a .45 compact. Traded the sights for TFO's and will get a trigger job. Other than that perfect of of the box. She is no beauty queen but a stable reliable workhorse I have no problem betting my life on. She will do her job as long as I do mine
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    I have an XD 45 Compact. I've put (estimated) between 900 and 1000 rounds across it so far, both hardball and JHP's, and haven't had a single glitch. I ordered a spare 10-round magazine and now the 13-rounder stays in the range bag.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    I have an XD9 Service, XD45 Tactical, and an XD45 Service. I have yet to fire the XD45 Service, but the XDtactical is a great pistol. I love my 1911s but for ease of tear down they can't be beat. The first round I took with my XD45 Tactical was a dead center shot. I've been carrying my XD's because it's to tough to get a gloved finger in a 1911 triggerguard
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

I have the XD-45 Tactical Model. Absolute fantastic weapon!

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    XD45C is my EDC. Never a problem feeding any ammo I have tried. Points and shoots great. The only change I have made is to add Pearce Grip Extensions to my 10 round mags. I have very large hands and now the 10 round mags are a perfect fit.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

The 1911's are single stack typically, while the XD's are double. Therefore XD's have more ammo, but are hard to conceal. 1911 45 on left, XD40SC on right. Notice the slide width. Grip width "looks" similar, but with slim carry grips, the 1911 is WAY thinner.

My 45 Service Compact and 40 SubC

HS Arms (maker of the XD) did their own torture test ala Glock (click the test tab at top). They also did a 20,000 round run w/ no failures, AND a simulated KB squib load with no problems (slightly bulged barrel but apparently workable).

Welcome to HS-Arms

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
    The 1911's are single stack typically, while the XD's are double. Therefore XD's have more ammo, but are hard to conceal. 1911 45 on left, XD40SC on right. Notice the slide width. Grip width "looks" similar, but with slim carry grips, the 1911 is WAY thinner.
    For me my XD.45 compact is alot easier to conceal than a 1911. Average Asian /Sicilian height but vertically challenged by US standards about 150lbs. The compact just disappears on me. One of the reasons I got it. A 1911 was always poking out somewhere, and just felt BIG

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
    HS Arms (maker of the XD) did their own torture test ala Glock (click the test tab at top). They also did a 20,000 round run w/ no failures, AND a simulated KB squib load with no problems (slightly bulged barrel but apparently workable).

Welcome to HS-Arms
    Here is a link to the XD Torture test and a couple of others Fair Share of Abuse, XD.45 Compact
    Can post others if you like.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

M2
    I'll second that, I carry a XD45 Service using an Uncle Mike's neoprene IWB holster wearing shorts and a t-shirt all the time without a problem. The XD, being polymer, is lighter than my 1911. I love both guns, but for carrying I opt for the XD every time. For one, the 13+1 capacity almost doubles the 1911's 7+1. Secondly, being shorter the XD actually seems easier to conceal. The extra width of the double-stack doesn't seem to matter for me.

As for the XD's reputation, I consider it to be the best carry gun made!

Cheers! M2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links