Springfield XD-45 - Page 3

Springfield XD-45

This is a discussion on Springfield XD-45 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Nice gun but becareful, the barrell and all components are forged steel, not stainless, unless you bought the bi-tone then only the slide is stainless ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Springfield XD-45

Nice gun but becareful, the barrell and all components are forged steel, not stainless, unless you bought the bi-tone then only the slide is stainless not the working parts, so be sure and keep moisture away from it, wipe it down frequently other than that it is a fine gun
    If guns kill people then Spoons made Rosie O'donnell Fat & pencils mispell words.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I have the XD 45 4 inch service, and I love it. It's my primary carry gun. It functions flawlessly, as long as I keep Wolf ammunition away from it. I bought 500 rounds to save some money on practice rounds, and that didn't work out. It's probably the polymer coating. But it has no trouble with anything else. I use the Federal Expanding Point FMG for defensive rounds, and the gun devours them without a problem. I refer to the XD as a "Super Glock". It has all of the advantages of the Glock, with the addition of a grip safety (whch I love) and the loaded chanber/cocked striker indicators. Plus, the grip angle is perfect. It's a very accurate gun, at least it's more accurate that I am! I will eventually get the tactical version as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nokspliter View Post
    Nice gun but becareful, the barrell and all components are forged steel, not stainless, unless you bought the bi-tone then only the slide is stainless not the working parts, so be sure and keep moisture away from it, wipe it down frequently other than that it is a fine gun
    Live in Washing ton ie practically underwater and none of that has ever been an issue I clean it when I shoot it and that is normally a quick wipe down dab of grease on the rails good to go, be careful not to over lube your gun. After about a 1,000 rounds or so she gets a good cleaning. If rust is an issue it's news to me
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

What manufacturers of pistols make "all the component parts" out of stainless steel?

I always said if they came out with a 10 round compact XD45 I would buy it. Well they did and after feeling on it a bit, I bought a G30. I really think they have the kinks worked out of the XD now and probably wouldn't hesitate to buy one if I found a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Live in Washing ton ie practically underwater and none of that has ever been an issue I clean it when I shoot it and that is normally a quick wipe down dab of grease on the rails good to go, be careful not to over lube your gun. After about a 1,000 rounds or so she gets a good cleaning. If rust is an issue it's news to me
    Same... you don't walk or drive from place to place in Washington so much as you swim or boat.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

. . . be careful, the barrell and all components are forged steel, not stainless, unless you bought the bi-tone then only the slide is stainless not the working parts . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by cwblanco View Post
    What manufacturers of pistols make "all the component parts" out of stainless steel?
    I still need to know who, if anyone, makes a pistol with stainless steel guts. If there is one, I may want to get it.l

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links