AK-47 pistols

This is a discussion on AK-47 pistols within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Actually... that one looks the piston to be normal length. I have seen them a lot shorter. I chose to keep mine standard piston length ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: AK-47 pistols

Actually... that one looks the piston to be normal length. I have seen them a lot shorter. I chose to keep mine standard piston length too. This ends up about an 11 inch barrel if you combine the Sight block with the gas block and leave about 2 inches between the end of the barrel and the Gas hole. You need that to get good pressure on the piston. I have seen them done down to 8" with shortened pistons. You can get a problem down in there is everything is not exactly lined up and the gas hole is not properly sized. This can be helped by the use of the "Krink" type of muzzle break to force some back pressure on these shorter pistols too. I just chose to get a bit more muzzle velocity and so did that Vector. That Vector pictured above appears to be normal length piston to me.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    That Vector looks mean!
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    One thing I havent seen mentioned with the AK pistols that everyone seems to have forgotten...

FIREBALLS

big fireballs.
    knocking out your nightvision, burning the hair on your hands, or setting the upholstery on fire when you shoot it from the truck....
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    One thing I havent seen mentioned with the AK pistols that everyone seems to have forgotten...

FIREBALLS

big fireballs.
    knocking out your nightvision, burning the hair on your hands, or setting the upholstery on fire when you shoot it from the truck....
    you say that like it's a bad thing :P
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

For what it's worth - I've fired a Krinkov and they are amazingly easy to hit with. Like an UZI. Just point and go. They do throw out quite a blast of flame, though. I'd figure an AK pistol would be about the same.
    Too bad I only got to shoot the Krinkov and then I had to give it back to its owner!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links