Credit Card companies...ANTI-GUN! (Merged)

This is a discussion on Credit Card companies...ANTI-GUN! (Merged) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I guess the anti's will find a way......... http://www.nssf.org/news/fromBP.cfm?BPseq=704 CREDIT CARD PROCESSING COMPANY REJECTS FIREARMS INDUSTRY REFUSES TO PROCESS TRANSACTIONS . . . Citi Merchant ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Credit Card companies...ANTI-GUN! (Merged)

VIP Member

Credit Card companies...ANTI-GUN! (Merged)

I guess the anti's will find a way.........

http://www.nssf.org/news/fromBP.cfm?BPseq=704

CREDIT CARD PROCESSING COMPANY REJECTS FIREARMS INDUSTRY

REFUSES TO PROCESS TRANSACTIONS . . . Citi Merchant Services and First Data Corp. are refusing to process any credit card transactions between federally licensed firearms retailers, distributors and manufacturers -- a move which will severely limit available inventory of firearms and ammunition to military, law enforcement and law-abiding Americans.

The first company to be affected by this decision appears to be firearms distributor CDNN Sports Inc.

"We were contacted recently by First Data/Citi Merchant Services by a June Rivera-Mantilla stating that we were terminated and funds were being seized for selling firearms in a non-face-to-face transaction," said Charlie Crawford, president of CDNN Sports Inc. "Although perfectly legal, we were also informed that no transactions would be processed in the future, even for non-firearms. I find this very frightening."
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

2. Remove Ads

unfortunate. i wonder if this is a result of anti-gun executives, or a result of frivolous lawsuits against the companies in the past.
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

Hmmm. Truly anti-gun move or a move because they percieve the client is in violation of the law?

http://www.nssf.org/share/images/letter.jpg
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Sounds like something more than just anti-gun sentiment to cancel an account a large as CDNN.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Great. If visa/bank of america/WAMU/Mastercard make that decision I won't be buying any more firearms/firearm accessories for a LONG time :(

(CENSORED)

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

nothing illegal about selling firearms in a non face to face environment. they didn't elaborate if there was an FFL transfer though.
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    It's the first step, gentlemen and ladies. Sure, you have the right to buy firearms, but how are you going to do it??

Buy now, buy often.
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

Assistant Administrator
    Seems to be potentially just another way to harass and restrict normal commerce ........ sad to say there are many such ploys from many different quarters that could make things more difficult.

Drip, drip, drip ... goes the attrition process!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I find it amusing...in a sad way that they are trying to teach CDNN gun law.
    I'd be suing them for the 75K they plan on holding onto for up to 6 months

Wonder if Soros is involved with any of those companies
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    Hmmm. Truly anti-gun move or a move because they percieve the client is in violation of the law?

http://www.nssf.org/share/images/letter.jpg
    Since when does a credit card company even care? Since CDNN operates in a totally legal manner, it seems to me that they have an excellent law suit. I no longer have a Citi account. But if any of you do, you may want to send them a letter telling them that you have chosen to use another credit card, and due to there ridiculous actions, you do not plan to have further business with them. Other banking accounts with them could also be used in the same way. Let them know that their silliness is costing them money, and they may think twice before doing such a thing.

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    The wife and I have had issues with Citi in the past. Everything from customer service to issues with the monthly mailed statement, and everything in between. Since we closed our account (a monumental hassle) we have stayed far, far away from Citi.

As for trying impact the average guys ability to purchase certain merchandise by denying any transactions with certain firms....that seems just a little totalitarian, no? Just another reason to detest Citi.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    I think CDNN Sports may have grounds for a beautiful lawsuit if Citi just terminated their account without proof that a felonious act was committed. I have the feeling that some ignoramus at Citi saw a the records indicating internet sales of gun, checked the Brady website for info, thought they were going to get in trouble and jumped the gun (pun intended).
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

if this isnt legal they NEED to be sued..INfringing on the 2nd..I doubt anywhere in thier contract it gives them the right to limit what is purchased..If its a LEGAL purchase!

I would imagine they just signed a contract to terminate under any circumstances. That's a pretty common thing, which in turn makes lawsuit probably not very viable.

That letter gave me a big laugh. Evidently the guy doesn't know anything about FFL's. CDNN just needs to find a company that has it's head out of it's butt. It also gave me a head's up to never use CITI ever for anything. I'll pass that word along to friends.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

one more reason not to have a credit card

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links