NRA Life Membership limited offer... $300

This is a discussion on NRA Life Membership limited offer... $300 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Has anyone else taken advantage of this offer? Any current Life Member can sign up new Life Members for $300. I will take a $700 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone else taken advantage of this offer? Any current Life Member can sign up new Life Members for $300.

I will take a $700 savings anytime that I can get it!

A few guys at SIGforum have offered to sign up anyone that would like to take advantage of this offer. (One of them is Steve Aikens, the owner of Handgunlaw.us)

Here is the thread: NRA Life Member offer...

Thanks for the info. I just upgraded to Endowment today.

Sure did.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    This is a great deal. But one needs to ask why they are doing this. Are they in a financial crunch?
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

I believe the NRA is trying to build it's membership. The whole strength in numbers thing, especially with the Supreme Court case. Seems like a good way to do it.

I can see a million folks joining @ $300 a pop. If each lifetime member added another, that could put $300M into the legal fund. If they'd use it wisely, that could do a lot of good. Of course, that would take a million folks off the list for future revenue.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I would assume showing a large percentage of members being Life, or better, indicates the great amount of commitment the organization has from it's members. Can't drop off the roles w/ nonpayment of annual dues.

Also, in the referenced thread in the other forum, it was stated they do this type of promotion every year or so.

Anyone want to sign me up? If so please send me a private message / email.

I would like to become a life member. If anyone would like to sign me up I can have funds delivered pronto.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

No time to read through the whole thread (I read all of the first and last/12th & 13th pages)...

Simply & quickly how does this work?
    Do I seek out an NRA member (aside from the three persons making said offer at SigForum) and ask them to sponsor me in and forward via what I assume to be a form they fill out? And in doing so I pay my own way at the discounted rate? Or do I pay them to whom they the sponsor then pays the NRA direct?

Also what does one get for these different levels?
    Life, Endowment, Patron?

Can I call the NRA and do this myself providing sponsors ID number as proof of association?

Thanks ahead of time,

- Janq's Associate level membership expired on 8/31/07

Edit: I went to the NRA website and after digging around (that site is hard to navigate) I found some info about the levels indicating voting rights apply to endowment,patron, and benefactor levels; https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/gift.asp
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    I found some info about the levels indicating voting rights apply to endowment,patron, and benefactor levels; https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/gift.asp
    Be aware that even plain, ordinary Life Members have the same voting rights as the endowment, patron and benefactor levels.

IIRC, even annual members can vote after x contiguous years of membership. Don't recall precisely as I've been a plain, ordinary Life Member since 1980.

I'm not sure that the levels above Life Member really give you any tangible benefits other than fancier logos on clothing, etc.

Here's some info on benefits (doesn't address voting rights however):
    Benefits of Membership

Thanks LenS!

Yeah I saw that page too and I'm having a difficult time via Google or the NRA website locating information that explains _exactly_ what one gets for the dollar above Life aside from bragging rights and a lapel pin. I'm not keen for either.

I've been polling shooter friends over the last hour with VM and e-mail to locate a life member who might can sponsor me forward. In the process I've run into two other friends who I thought were lifers and turned out to not be who themselves would like to get in on this opportunity as well.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I'll help anyone become a Life Member under this program.

You can contact me through a PM or my PayPal email address (gillespiebill@hotmail.com). If you prefer to pay by PayPal, there is a $9.60 PayPal surcharge, meaning that the amount must be $309.60 (must be an instant transfer). You can also pay by personal check or money order. Obviously, the closer it gets to 02/15/2008, the more important it becomes to send certified funds, as personal checks take time to clear. In addition to the $300 (or $309.60 via PayPal), I need:

Your full name
    Your address
    Your city
    Your state
    Your zip code
    Your phone number
    What Magazine you want

The online (and paper) form doesn't ask for your current NRA number, so they must match up current NRA members by name and mailing address.

You are welcome to email me the above details to my email address if you don't want them in the PayPal routing (or if you paying by check/money order). If that's what you choose to do, send me the details first, then the PayPal so I can tie them together.

I've incorproated info from the SIGforum guys so hopefully it's complete.

How does it work? I got couple life members in my area but they haven't heard anything about it (or rather they said it expired last Nov?)
    Quote Originally Posted by b52ace View Post
    I'll help anyone become a Life Member under this program.

You can contact me through a PM or my PayPal email address (gillespiebill@hotmail.com). If you prefer to pay by PayPal, there is a $9.60 PayPal surcharge, meaning that the amount must be $309.60 (must be an instant transfer). You can also pay by personal check or money order. Obviously, the closer it gets to 02/15/2008, the more important it becomes to send certified funds, as personal checks take time to clear. In addition to the $300 (or $309.60 via PayPal), I need:

Your full name
    Your address
    Your city
    Your state
    Your zip code
    Your phone number
    What Magazine you want

The online (and paper) form doesn't ask for your current NRA number, so they must match up current NRA members by name and mailing address.

You are welcome to email me the above details to my email address if you don't want them in the PayPal routing (or if you paying by check/money order). If that's what you choose to do, send me the details first, then the PayPal so I can tie them together.

I've incorproated info from the SIGforum guys so hopefully it's complete.

The easiest thing to do is click on the link in the OP's posting. The information on the SIGforum is very complete (the first post has all the basics).

From my reading of their thread, some life members have received mailings, some haven't. Your friends who are NRA Life Members can go to this link (http://www.nra-activate.com) and upgrade their membership as well as sponsor family and friends.

Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links