I am in BIG trouble now w/ update

This is a discussion on I am in BIG trouble now w/ update within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; For starters, due to the fact that she was having problems with the trigger pull, my SO sold her PT-111 Mill Pro yesterday. Today we ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am in BIG trouble now w/ update

For starters, due to the fact that she was having problems with the trigger pull, my SO sold her PT-111 Mill Pro yesterday.

Today we went to find her a new pistol. She really likes my Kahr CW-9 but I suggested that she look around before she settles on getting one. Soooo....we are at Cheaper than (some VERY High dollar) Dirt. They didnt have much to look at that she was interested in. That is until she spotted the Kimbers. Oh boy, here we go...

[On a side note....those that know me know I shoot/carry a 5" Kimber that she has shot many times and Loves.]

The first one she picks up is the Ultra CDP. Well..........she liked it.
    The second one she picked up was the Compact CDP. Thats when I realized that our budget was in trouble. The look in her eyes was like she had just picked up new puppy......Oh she did, and this one has a VERY loud bark. You should have seen the sadness in her eyes when she looked at the price tag. It was as tho she had lost a family member. I HAD to tell her that if that was what she wanted, we would get it. We will have to put it on lay-way but we will get it.

I couldnt say no. In the last year and a half I bought 5 pistols [1 was for her (have sold 2)],several holsters, 4 shot guns (have sold 2), 2 dillon presses and everything needed for loading, joined IDPA and Cross Timbers. She has allowed and supported this so I wont say no.

Ya wanna know what the worst part about it is? I really like this pistol too. Its a shame we cant afford 2 of them. My next big purchase will be an AR.

For the ones unfamiliar with this pistol......it is the light weight, 4" slide on a Compact frame 45acp.
    Kimber - Continuing The Legacy: Compact CDP II
    David

Ride hard and Shoot safe

The first rule of gunfighting should be to know when the gunfight starts - being the last one to get the news certainly won't put the odds in your favor.

Administrator
    I can think of worse problems to have.
    "Just blame Sixto"

JD
    Administrator
    Just imagine how I felt when Lima wanted her Wilson...

That's what I get for coming home from CT with a Baer.

Congrats on a great gun, I had a pre series II CDP Compact, I traded it to get my Springfield SOCOM II, I should have kept the Kimber.

Well......we havn't got it just yet. She wants to shoot one first. But hey, if she still comes back to the Kahr, I can give her mine (nearly new) and get me the CDP. So this could work out better than I think.
    David

Ride hard and Shoot safe

The first rule of gunfighting should be to know when the gunfight starts - being the last one to get the news certainly won't put the odds in your favor.

JD
    Administrator
    Ahhh, I misunderstood, I thought you had it on lay-away.

Either way it sounds like a win-win situation.

Administrator
    I think you would be better off to buy her the CDP, then let her decide she likes the Kahr better. That way, you scored major points and still got your gun.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Either way just be glad it's something you both can appreciate. My wife will always try and hit me up for shoes or clothes after I buy a gun, and I can't shoot shoes! Well I guess I could shoot shoes, but what I mean is that shoes don't shoot.:)
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

great gun. well worth it !
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I think you would be better off to buy her the CDP, then let her decide she likes the Kahr better. That way, you scored major points and still got your gun.
    SIXTO is Spot-On on this one.

When I was deciding on my Kimber, it was between the Ultra CDP and the Compact CDP. I went with the Ultra. Now I want the Compact. Oh well.

Compact CDP, then AR-15, then HK P30, then HK 45C, then ..........

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Sounds good to me.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

I believe that Sixto is on to something +1 on the points...

I like your thinking SIXTO. But something tells me that she will keep the CDP.....if for nothing else, its expensive and gives her bragging rights. Yes...its one of her weaknesses but we all have them.
    David

Ride hard and Shoot safe

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Its great that you SO shares your interest in shooting and self-defense. Can't wait to see pics when you buy her the new Kimber!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Nice guns, indeed...
    I have the Ultra and the Pro...both CDP II's...the Compact is the best of both...longer barrell and shorter grip...

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Buy them both!! If you invest wisely in guns, they are the best, and most fun, 401k you will ever have!!
    Valentines day coming up so linger just long enough to call it a Valentine gift and kill two birds with one stone.
    Also, look at the new Charter arms Undercover models. Some in red and pink in .38 Special +P.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail,,,,,,but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." Samuel Adams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links