9mm Ar-15 Pistol - Page 2

9mm Ar-15 Pistol

This is a discussion on 9mm Ar-15 Pistol within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; There was a special on the Military Channel on these types of weapons. Granted there's a difference for civillian semi's - but their purpose was ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9mm Ar-15 Pistol

There was a special on the Military Channel on these types of weapons. Granted there's a difference for civillian semi's - but their purpose was an entry weapon that could penetrate armor with the 5.56 round, instead of the classic Mp5's they've been using.

For us sivies - NO CLUE what the purpose/market is there. (Home defense against bad guys with body armor?...)

At least with the .308 hand-cannons from Savage you can go hunting... Not sure what you'd hunt with a 5.56 though lol
    Some people don't deserve saving.

....the water is almost at a boil

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud White View Post
    I was wondering if you could do that .. would it still be a pistol or would it now be a NFA short Barreled Rifle?

To buy it here we would have to buy it and register it as a pistol ..
    I'm pretty sure it would be a SBR then, which I think is stupid... make it larger and it considered more dangerous.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Everybody knows an SBR dangerous. Just look at them! They're scary. (*goes to hide under bed*)

I imagine it would do alright for home defense if you were searching the house. Holds more rounds than a handgun, and you could mount a light on it....that's just an excuse though. Its pointless...

Austin

The style has actually proven fairly popular in Eastern Europe for some "security" workers from the U.K & Ireland, who by law are not permitted to possess a short barrel semi automatic rifle, so this is a compromise for a lot of them, personally id love to be permitted to have an AR15, just not legal here, apparently Assault Style weapons can be dangerous or so Im told, hell I wanted a Walther .22 last year and was refused a license officially on the grounds that it was to military-ish looking.. go figure.
    Surrounded and outnumbered, pass me my vest!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by irish_ironsight View Post
    The style has actually proven fairly popular in Eastern Europe for some "security" workers from the U.K & Ireland, who by law are not permitted to possess a short barrel semi automatic rifle, so this is a compromise for a lot of them, personally id love to be permitted to have an AR15, just not legal here, apparently Assault Style weapons can be dangerous or so Im told, hell I wanted a Walther .22 last year and was refused a license officially on the grounds that it was to military-ish looking.. go figure.
    Come on over, we'll make room for you as long as you promise to be a productive citizen. Then you can have all the AR's you want.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links