Got a 10/22 last night

This is a discussion on Got a 10/22 last night within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well the wife let me get a Ruger 10/22 last night. I have been wanting one for a while now and she finally gave me ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got a 10/22 last night

Got a 10/22 last night

Well the wife let me get a Ruger 10/22 last night. I have been wanting one for a while now and she finally gave me the go ahead. LOL Here is a picture of me with it.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    They are great rifles, you will have more fun with it then just about any other rifle.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Administrator
    I think you need that to protect you from what in those boxes.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Forget about the rifle, my wife will let me buy as many guns as I want, but she'll only let me get one python.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Excellent choice in a .22. That's exactly the model I intend to purchase. I really like the composite/stainless combo. With so many accessories available, you just can't go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BerneyG View Post
    Forget about the rifle, my wife will let me buy as many guns as I want, but she'll only let me get one python.
    That's too bad, BerneyG, because it's worthwhile to have several . . .
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I think you need that to protect you from what in those boxes.
    LOL...
    Another thing to keep an eye out for and you can probably pick one up cheap in pawn shops. A single shot rifle from NEF or H&R in .17 mach2. THAT.... is a fast lil' round. I bought mine used for $100 a year or two ago.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    Excellent choice in a .22. That's exactly the model I intend to purchase. I really like the composite/stainless combo. With so many accessories available, you just can't go wrong.

That's too bad, BerneyG, because it's worthwhile to have several . . .
    Love the SNAKE GUNS!
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Lots of guns, lots of snakes...you got a great wife.
    You get a chance to shoot it yet? How about some pictures of the targets?
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

That was the first firearm I ever bought. Still have it. The squirrels run for cover when they see me coming. I use the iron sights and have never missed with it.
    Nill illigitimi carborundum
    -----------------------------
    Captain von Trapp: If the Nazis take over Austria, I have no doubt, Herr Zeller, that you will be the entire trumpet section.
    Herr Zeller: You flatter me, Captain.
    Captain von Trapp: Oh, how clumsy of me - I meant to accuse you.

I will have to sight in the scope and thats always fun. lol I will be going this weekend to the range here close to the house.

Tonight i am sanding and staining the stock on my grandfathers old Remington 550-1 .22. When he died this is the only gun that his caretakers left behind. Im just trying to make it look a little nicer. From what little info I have found on it, it seems to be pretty old. I will get pics of it up once i finish.

Did it come with that scope base you have on it? I have a 10/22 target model (with pretty hammered barrel) that came with no iron sights, and a crappy poorly fitting scope base. I made it worse by using sub-par scope rings on a $20 scope - had a hard time keeping zero, so I haven't shot it much. Your base looks quite different than mine - does it work well?

Austin

I will find out on Sunday. Going to put about 700 rounds down range with it. I bought the scope and rings separate but im using the scope mount rails that came with the gun. Seems pretty stable to me.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    Did it come with that scope base you have on it? I have a 10/22 target model (with pretty hammered barrel) that came with no iron sights, and a crappy poorly fitting scope base. I made it worse by using sub-par scope rings on a $20 scope - had a hard time keeping zero, so I haven't shot it much. Your base looks quite different than mine - does it work well?

Austin
    This should set you up pretty good;

https://www.volquartsen.com/

In a former life, I built up 10/22's for fun and profit. I used this guys stuff more than anything, its top notch. I hated the factory scope mounts, its pretty much garbage. Do your target model some justice and buy a good mount. A mount is just as important if not more than the scope.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    This should set you up pretty good;

https://www.volquartsen.com/

In a former life, I built up 10/22's for fun and profit. I used this guys stuff more than anything, its top notch. I hated the factory scope mounts, its pretty much garbage. Do your target model some justice and buy a good mount. A mount is just as important if not more than the scope.
    It's a great gun will all sorts of stuff out there to dress it up or help it along. Per Sixto, I second the Volquartsen stuff. Not the cheapest, but quite possibly the best. I dropped in their trigger kit, and what a sweet difference!

And since your wife was kind to you, bring her out to shoot your new toy with you! This is one of the "funninest" guns out there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links