Week two of my dedication

This is a discussion on Week two of my dedication within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Some may not realize this, but with this past week's post, pertaining to alot of folks mentioning Wal Mart and their ammo selection being reasonably ...

Thread: Week two of my dedication

Some may not realize this, but with this past week's post, pertaining to alot of folks mentioning Wal Mart and their ammo selection being reasonably priced according to the current market, I had made it a priority for myself to allocate funds of $100 a week toward ammo purchases from my local Wal Mart for all three of my pistol calibers. 45ACP, 40 S&W, and the 9mm. Here's a refresher of week #1 purchases.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-nice-day.html
    Just a sampling of what I had seen in my local WallyWorld from the previous week, and determining the current political notions.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-practice.html
    I originally set out with an ammo fund of $100 a week for three weeks, purchasing the largest caliber I need which is 45ACP. This week ended up in the 40 S&W file as I'm going down the line. First purchase ended up being a tad over $110, with equal rounds purchased this time around, the total was barely less than $95, making things in essence, even out for me. Next week, you'll know what's coming and we'll see how much I can get in 9mm for $100. Here's what I did today-----------

Good for you! I'm going to jump start my ammo stockpiling this year just as soon as I get a fat check back from the IRS.

Austin

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    Their .40 in blazer brass is only $9.00 here so I was stocking up on it for a while.

I bought a few boxes of that winchester white box in .45 for my para wart hawg and took it to a training class. Surprise surprise, my weapon hated it. I had about 10-15 fail to feeds through out the day.

Anyone else have problems with the white box?

Lopadrino: is your Para new? Did the failures occur throughout the day, or mostly occur after lots of shooting? Also, what result have you had with other ammo?

In any case, that's a ton of malfunctions. I've never had any problems with WWB in either of my 3"1911s--or any of my handguns for that matter (no Paras, tho). If well maintained, and your grip is nice and firm, I would look into sending--it--in. I think you've gotta call Canada for the authorization and ship it somewhere stateside. Around here they go to Sevierville, TN, I think. In upstate NY, however, they might just drive over and pick-it-up. Just kidding of course.

good luck

Hayley,

I had about 600 rounds through it, 800 after the class. It has only had one failure to feed using the remington green box. The malfunctions started almost immedietly (frist 3-4 drills) and after a days shooting they stopped. Now that I think back, I am wondering if because this was my first time drawing and shooting, maybe I was limp wristing trying to be too fast. It was pretty embarrasing considering a month before, the same instructors loved the gun and were asking me questions about it. I had no problems that day and raved about its reliability versus what others had reported.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I've been mostly stocking up on 7.62x39 for my Romanian AK-47, but I suppose I should start on handgun ammo too, as well as shotgun shells.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Hey Ram, how much was the Remington UMC 200 round Mega Pack? I'd like to pick up a few of those myself.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I picked up a box of 100 WWB .40cal today for $21 and change. Blaser Brass was 12 and change for a box of 50. So I opted for the better ammo for the cheaper price. Usually Blaser is cheaper, but today it wasn't? A few weeks ago I bought some Blaser for $10 and change for 50.

I too have been buying ammo every week. But don't tell my wife.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that Federal .22 hollowpoints were just over $12 for 550 rounds. That's part of next weeks purchase.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

It's a great idea, but I CANNOT stand to go to WalMart! I guess I could just pay more and order it.
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

In my area they just went up on blazer brass from 9.99 to 12.49. from what I understand they are jacking it up to have a similar price to local shops. IE moe munny. Ill stick with my local man even if it costs more. Service from the same people every week is always nice.

Good idea.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Sponsored Links