Ruger charger scope???

Ruger charger scope???

This is a discussion on Ruger charger scope??? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was thinking about getting a new pistol made by Ruger its called the charger it's a pistol but shoots like a rifle shooting the ...

Thread: Ruger charger scope???

Ruger charger scope???

I was thinking about getting a new pistol made by Ruger its called the charger it's a pistol but shoots like a rifle shooting the 22long rifle round basically a 10/22 rifle just smaller looks like allot of fun for target shooting or plinking. My question is what type of scope would be best for it I plan to shoot Between 5o and 100 yrds or so mabe even further as it comes with a bi-pod. Do I need to get a rifle scope or a pistol scope? I would like to not get something really long I like the shorter scopes but really what ever works best will do. I dont know much about scopes and whats good, Thanks in advance.

Well, when you'll need a scope that offers long eye relief. A regular rifle scope won't allow this. They make them specifically for handguns though. You could go this route like a variable 2-7 power or you could always put one of the "red dots" on there but it's not going to be great for long range shooting. They usally cover up about 3 inches of your target at 100 yards. Then again you're shooting a .22 so 100 yards is pretty far for that round. You can look at Cabelas to see all the different manufacturers and what the price ranges are. Just a place for you to start. ha!
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

My question is what type of scope would be best for it I plan to shoot Between 5o and 100 yrds or so mabe even further as it comes with a bi-pod. Do I need to get a rifle scope or a pistol scope?
    I got a charger a couple of weeks ago. It's a blast to shoot. Just a totally fun little gun.

As for scope, I started out with an inexpensive 2x pistol. The long eye relief is an absolute necessity. You can easily spend more than the cost of the gun on a good scope, so I figured I'd go cheap and spent about $120. I can post model info later... since it's escaping me now. I purchased based on price and not quality.

2x isn't quite enough for 100 yards, but I can keep everything inside a 12" circle at 100 with the 2x. Since I'll be at 100 yds or less, I'll probably end up sticking with that. I also have to use a spotting scope just to see where I hit at anything over 25 yards. So in addition to the Charger and the cheap scope, I got a good spotting scope to sit right next to me when I'm at the range.

It took 150-200 rounds before it was broken in, and I had problems with cheap ammo to start (which could be the cheap ammo, or the breakin) but switched to CCI Mini Mag and have had 100% reliability since.

100 yards is fairly unrealistic with my current setup, and it just doesn't seem to be as fun as 50 yards.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

I put a 3x on mine, and its not enough.
    look at one of the 3-7x .
    dave

Quote Originally Posted by scooter doc View Post
    I put a 3x on mine, and its not enough.
    look at one of the 3-7x .
    dave
    I'm curious... what distance are you shooting? And what kinds of groups do you see? I'm starting to wonder if I made a mistake in going el-cheapo on my scope. I was working under the assumption that the reasonable range was well within 100yds.

Do tell... and what do you think of your charger thus far?
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

Links