Tell me about your S&W M&P problems

This is a discussion on Tell me about your S&W M&P problems within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have been shooting M&Ps for almost a year now. I have yet to experience a malfunction caused by the gun (had one due to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell me about your S&W M&P problems

Tell me about your S&W M&P problems

I have been shooting M&Ps for almost a year now. I have yet to experience a malfunction caused by the gun (had one due to ammo). I know they exisit because two of my friends had to have their guns fixed by S&W. I shot both and they were both definitely screwed up.

Tell me about problems you have had with them. I would like to hear directly from the folks having them and not "I knew a guy who had a friend...". Often things get a little skewed when info is passed that way.

Thanks for the help.

Troy
    Deputy Director of Training
    LMSDefense
    www.lmsdefense.com
    troyprice@lmsdefense.com

It is not the ability to master the extraordinary that makes a warrior special; what makes a warrior special is the ability to master the basics extraordinarily well. - (author unknown)

2. Remove Ads

no problems here

I've had my s&w mp 40 for almost a year now and had no problems yet, love the gun.

Senior Moderator
    I experienced the magazine catch problem, resulting in the mag dropping under recoil.

I got one of the softer catches. I flipped it to the other side to keep the gun on line, and S&W sent me 2 replacements when I called about it.

Other than than, my 9c has been completely reliable.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

JD
    Administrator
    We've had a couple of "issues" with out M&P9c, Lima was using WWB, had feeding issues with slow fire, but rapid fire seemed to work OK....

I was using Remington UMC, and the only problem I had was that the slide wouldn't lock back after the last round was fired.

We ran just a little over 100 rounds through it, it was bone dry out of the box at the time and we haven't been back out to test it further after a good cleaning and lube job. Hopefully we'll get out this weekend to run it a bit more using the WWB, UMC, and some Blazer Brass.

Senior Moderator
    I ran 1550 rounds through my M&P 9f without cleaning it just to see where it would fail - no problems. I didn't want to go further so I cleaned it.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Im dealing with a mag catch problem with my .40c right now. I just got it back from the factory and i need to go out and shoot it.

7500 rounds thru my M&P 45 with no problems. It has proven extremely reliable with everything I have put thru it. Including about 1000 rounds of 15 year old 185g and 200g semi-wadcutters (lead reloads) I used to shoot in a Gold Cup.

Have had my M&P .40 for over a year w/ absolutely no problems at all with any type of ammunition. I love it.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the Congress is in session."
    Mark Twain
    S&W M&P 40

I've had an MP9 for about 9 months. I've run a few hundred rounds of CCI FMJ through it with no problems whatsoever.

V8
    I too have had the problem of the slide not staying open after the last round was fired. Happened 3 times in about 400 rounds (also using the Rem UMC). Other than that no real issues. Here is a good link that has lots of info.
    MP-Pistol.com :: View Forum - M&P Pistol Tech Difficulties

still waiting for my rebate & 2 mags - all rounds good

i've had a full size M&P9 for almost a year now, 2000+ rounds and not a single problem of any sort.

I helped a buddy test an M&P .40 for his department, and we couldn't make it jam. It's had about 10K rounds thru it without cleaning, 500 of them from me. It was covered in mud, sand, skipped across the ground (gravel), thrown (literally) in a creek, run over...all with no stoppages. It sold me on them.
    You can never have enough magazines or ammo.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Up here a few people had the mag catch problem (resolved by S&W sending new parts) Recently one guy had their firing pin snap, being resolved by S&W. Their customer support is very good, better than Springfield who will not send any major parts out.

I have shot about 7,000 rounds thru my MP .40 full size and not one problem. I will have a .40c next week hopefully I don't have any problems with that one either.
    "If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon, you will be a minister of death praying for war. "R. Lee Ermey---FMJ"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links