Cz Po1

Cz Po1

This is a discussion on Cz Po1 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have been debating on weather or not I should get one of these for my next purchase. Only problem, no gun shop around has ...

Thread: Cz Po1

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar

Cz Po1

I have been debating on weather or not I should get one of these for my next purchase. Only problem, no gun shop around has one, and I wanna be able to make sure it "fits" me before I buy it. I did how ever come across a Colt Combat Commander 70 series .45 that has cought me eye and is begging to come home with me . I know a few member here carry the CZ PO1 just want to hear your opinions.

no opinion on the cz p01 but man get the combat commander

the P-01 is my favorite gun next to my 1911, and I carry it for CCW more than any of my other guns. It is an accurate shooter, lightweight, easy to take down, and I find that the ergonomics are better for me than any other gun I've tried.

100% reliable, 14+1 9mm, light rail (I use it as a bedside gun with an M-3).

If you don't want a lightrail, you may want to look at the PCR: http://www.czusa.com/01.detail.php?id=37

Also, there are still a few floating around with 10-rd. low-cap Klinton mags. 14-rd mags from the factory are $37.00 each! There are different mags that work with the P-01; I'll see if I can post pics of them later today.

Yeah I want the one with the rail, I want it for a bed side gun, so I wouldn't have to have a flashlight in one hand and my 1911 in the other. How does it fit your hand compared to the 1911? Does it feel more like the double stack 1911's? I just can't stop thinking about that commander though, there is just something about 1911's, you can never have enough.

Bruce,
    For me, both the P-01 and the 1911 fit well in my hand. I've never held a double-stack 1911, but I used to have a Glock 30. The P-01 is definately thinner than the G30 - that felt like I was holding a rounded-off 2x4.
    The P-01's grip is a little bit wider than my Commander-sized 1911, but not by much.

The widest part of the P-01's grip is 1-3/8", and the 1911 grips are about 1-1/4" wide. The thing about the factory P-01 grips is that they are rubber, so they give a little. They also are contoured to fit the hand (at least my hand.) The grips have a little raised hump that fits the hollow in the palm of my hand very well.

Do any gun shops around you have a PCR, or even a 40-P? Both have a very similar grip (actually the 40-P uses a P-01 frame and a 40B slide, so the grip should be identical to a P-01.)

Here are the P-01 and 1911 looking down at the magwell:

And here they are side by side:

I hope this helps. Let me know if you want pictures from another angle. Also, I should mention that I've read reports that the newer P-01s have a very gritty trigger - lots of dryfiring to smooth it out.

You may also want to check out these forums:
    http://p201.ezboard.com/bczechpistols82792
    www.czshooters.com

Wow, maybe its the pic but that CZ looks alot wider than the 1911. I will have to check the shops and see what they have. The more I think the the more I want that commander, but I gotta come up with another $300 to get it. How is the overall fit and finnish on the CZ P01? Have you had any problems with it?

Bruce,

looking at the picture I posted looking down on the magwell I see that it is a little deceiving. On this photo, I added a red line to show the actual width. The wood grips on my 1911 are beveled at the bottom, so it looks thinner than it is.

The P-01 has a polycoat finish, which is black polymer, with a satin sheen to it. You can't use any cleaners on it that dissolve plastic, as they will attack the polycoat. On my pistol, the polycoat is uniform, and covers all outside surfaces. It has worn off of the part of the trigger that rubs against the frame, and off of the slide rails.There are tool marks on the inside underside of the slide (I don't care, since they don't affect function and you can't see them. Fit is positive, all the parts fit together well with no play. I understand that P-01s come with a plastic guide rod from the factory, but mine (bought used) had a stainless steel guide rod.

Reliability has been 100%. I have had no problems of any kind.

If you are more of a single-action fan, CZ makes a similar gun in .40 cal with a rail on it (steel frame, though, so it is heavier): http://www.czusa.com/01.detail.php?id=63

My PO1 has been 100% reliable and accurate. I have fired a thousand or more of my own handloads through it as well as tons of factory, and it hasn't burped once. I can put that high speed pill right where it needs to go every time.
    I have been told the newest PO1s have the trigger grittiness taken care of, as there has been a slight materials change. My 03 PO1 was sweet out of the box.
    Yes, the original guide rod is plastic, and went through all the torture tests to be NATO certified without a hitch. Jackash Custom http://www.jackashcustom.com/ ,makes the stainless steel guide rods if you want one.
    I am extremely fond of my PO1, and bet my life on it every day.
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

Sponsored Links