Walther PPKS .380

Walther PPKS .380

This is a discussion on Walther PPKS .380 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I recently purchased a S&W Walther PPKS .380 and I like this gun, I am wondering if anyone has any complaints about them? Also I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walther PPKS .380

Walther PPKS .380

I recently purchased a S&W Walther PPKS .380 and I like this gun, I am wondering if anyone has any complaints about them? Also I am trying to find rubber replacement grips like Hogue makes but cannot find them anywhere, can anyone help with the grip problem?
    "If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon, you will be a minister of death praying for war. "R. Lee Ermey---FMJ"

Administrator
    Some are a little bit finicky on what they like to eat so buy a few different ammo brands and find out what it likes.

Buy factory magazines would be my only other advice.

I like mine. It's a breeze to shoot.

Some people have difficulty in operating the slide. My Wife has a very difficult time with the slide on mine as she does not have much hand strength and the recoil spring is quite stiff.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I like mine. I only have a couple hundred rounds through it but no problems and its accurate. I had 2 older PPKs years ago and gave them up because they made me bleed. The redesigned beavertail fixed that nicely.

Administrator
    Mine is an early Interarms Stainless and it's beautifully machined and very well fit together.

When I first got it the slide serrations were so "crisp" that they would slice perfect little parallel lines into the skin of my fingerprints.

One of the advantages of Stainless steel is that I was easily able to dull them a bit right at home.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    I have one too, it is the S&W version. It has always shot dependably and accurately. I just switched grips myself and chose a smooth wooden grip from Midway. Maybe they'd have the Hogue that your'e looking for. My grip change made a big difference in looks and feel, everyone that sees it likes them also. Actually, despite my user name, I don't carry it that much, I usually pocket carry my g27. I don't have a picture to post, but about a month + ago there was some PPK pictures posted, in fact the good-looking grips in the pic gave me the idea about getting mine.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I have an Interarms PPK/S that is a safe queen. I never found it comfortable to shoot and would bite my hand. To me this would be a pocket gun and I find it too heavy.

I hope yours serves you well. I'll wait for an LCP.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I've never seen rubber grips, only wood and plastic in several colors. The only Hogue grip I'm aware of for a PPK is the Hand-all slip on grip, which FWIW works well. I use one on a Kahr.
    I believe Meg-gar mags are fine to use as well as factory.

I figured that of all people Hogue would make the rubber replacement grips but they do not. I have taken it to range once and shot about 150 rounds thru it and it was very accurate.

I agree with all of you about using factory magazines, I have used enough crap after markets that now all I buy for my handguns is factory type.

Maybe I will have to look into getting a set of wood grips???????
    "If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon, you will be a minister of death praying for war. "R. Lee Ermey---FMJ"

EW3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt4474 View Post
    This guy does really nice work, including Walthers; not sure about the PPK/S, but you can email him.

Marschalgrips.com
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

I had an Interarms PPKS that my wife got me for concealed carry during the summer months 25 years ago when I lived in NC and worked in a gun shop. The shop was the only place where I could CCW besides home. It was a pretty little gun but too heavy for my taste and I always worried about maring the steel on it. When the Kel-Tec came out I picked up a couple and also got a Bersa Thunder 380 CC. After that I traded off the PPKS as it always was sensitive to what it shot or how I heald it with the Mag extention on it. For a .380 the Bersa has it beat hands down. My Bersa shoots every thing I tried in it. Good luck on your PPKS but in my opinion they are great looking but not worth the money. I'm leaning more and more away from carrying the .380 for CCW any way. I just keep finding holsters that will enable me to carry my Sig .40 in the hot weather.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt4474 View Post
    I figured that of all people Hogue would make the rubber replacement grips but they do not. I have taken it to range once and shot about 150 rounds thru it and it was very accurate.

I agree with all of you about using factory magazines, I have used enough crap after markets that now all I buy for my handguns is factory type.

Check CDNN for some wood grips.

Pachmayr makes rubber grips but IIRC seems like I remember reading the ones for the Walther PPK/s don't fit the S&W made PPK/s. As last resort a quick "fix" would be to get a rubber "Handall" sleeve from either Pachmayr or Hogue to go over your existing grips.
    183 FBINA

I have an Interarms Walther PPK.
    I like the gun, but agree that it is heavy for its size.
    It was my first carry gun, but I rarely carry it now as I have other preferences.
    It's very well made and dependable at the range.
    For carry, I particularly like the de-cocker, so I can carry it with the safe off with double action for the first round and single action for subsequent rounds.

Sponsor
    I love my PPK/S and use both my Galco SOB and an IWB at 4 O'clock. I have found that mine likes only 6 in the mag and 1 in the pipe. If I put 7 in the mag, the first one will load jam on me. I haven't taken it in because it works flawless with 6 in the mag no matter what I feed it. Every one of them has it's own personality I'm told.

www.TigerHolsterSystems.com www.TigerRacingProducts.com
    Tiger Holster Systems
    Peace of Mind at Arms Reach

Have had a set of Pachmayr grips on my PPK/S for over 30 years now. Other than showing a little wear hear and there, they still work great. The set I have is a 2-piece affair. One piece fits over the back strap, and then the piece with the front strap and side panels wraps around and kind of locks the back piece in place when you screw the side panels together. Used to shoot a load of 3gr. of Red Dot, with a 95gr. Sierra jhp; snappy little load.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links