Week three of my dedication

This is a discussion on Week three of my dedication within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Part three in a three part series. Since it's inception, I've alloted $100 per week for ammo alone. For those of you who have not ...

Thread: Week three of my dedication

Part three in a three part series. Since it's inception, I've alloted $100 per week for ammo alone. For those of you who have not followed it, here are the links.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...edication.html
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-nice-day.html

As to the cost of new factory ammo, and the fact that I do not yet reload for pistol, this was the best I could do, and hopefully help the rest of you in some way to find the cheapest plinking ammo in your neck of the woods and then some.
    This week saw some savings on the alloted hundred bucks that finally went to purchasing food! $78.83 total. 250 round mega-pak $48.92, and the 100 round box of 115gr JHP's for PD

BTW--WallyWorlds Winchester WB per 100ct are now $18.48. Still a bargain in my book, and I'll be picking up on the 9mm's every week so long as the 100ct stays under $20.

Thats a killer deal compared to what I spent last weekend, my wal-mart is a disappointment

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    ...so you're spending $100 week, 52 weeks per year, $5200 on ammo this year?

You could be cranking out millions of rounds with one o' them multi-stage presses!

Distinguished Member
    Was to Sheels this past week-end to pick up a few items-----WHOW 22lr 550 bulk-pack used to be on sale for $8.99 now 500 rounds on-sale for $15.99 ouch 17 HMR $3.00 per box higher even on sale. This shooting is going to kill me.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Excellent idea.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Since you're buying and shooting all this ammo I hope you are saving your brass to be able to reload in the future.

Several years ago I overheard a dealer of cast bullets say that the price of everything in the way of ammo was going to go up. I took this to heart and decided to buy ammo whenever I found a good price. I don't dedicate $100 a week but when I find a deal I don't hesitate any more to purchase a lot. As a consequence I have a closet full and it is growing.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

The hundred a week was for three weeks to include the 45acp, 40s&w, and the 9mm for all of my pistols. Like I say, I'll be buying a 100 round box of 9mm's in the WWB so long as they stay at the current $18.42 here at my local WallyWorld. No---not $5200 this year! I gotta put gas in two vehicles, pay the bills, etc.... The three weeks is over, and my new G19 arrived in town today. I'll be picking it up Friday as I work past their business hours today and tomorrow.

Ram Rod,

Glad to hear you are stocked up! If reloading yourself is not for you, take a look at this site - they have VERY good prices, per thousand.

Precision Cartridge, Inc. - Ammunition in 380, 9mm, 38, 357 Mag., 357 Sig., 10mm, 40 S&W, 41, 44, 45.

I am leery of reloads with my G22, until I can get a tighter fitting barrel to avoid kB's, but once I do, I plan to buy in bulk, so I can SHOOT in bulk!!

Steve

Thanks. Reloading for the rifles keeps me busy as of now. Yeah--I'm not sure about shooting reloads in any of my Glocks. All have stock barrels. And yes---I always save my brass. I usually sell them back cleaned and de-primed to a local shop.

Links