Kimber Tac Ultra II feed problem, and resolution report.

This is a discussion on Kimber Tac Ultra II feed problem, and resolution report. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Some of you participated in, and may remember this thread: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-advice-2.html Im happy to report that my lil' Kimber is back in my greedy clutches ...

Thread: Kimber Tac Ultra II feed problem, and resolution report.

Some of you participated in, and may remember this thread:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-advice-2.html

Im happy to report that my lil' Kimber is back in my greedy clutches again, after repairs at Kimber. Ill give a recap of what happened after she left my possession.

I decided to stop at my local shop to both have the gun sent back to Kimber and stockpile some ammo. After a few days I get a call from Jimmy of Kimber, who says he believes that the extractor shelf is the culprit of the feeding issues, and will replace the slide, polish the chamber and ramp on the barrel, replace the non-factory grip screws(at my request) and test the gun to be sure its all good to go. He said it will take about three weeks for the parts to get there and work to be done.

About 2 weeks later, I get a call from Jimmy again, he said that he had replaced the slide, polished the chamber and ramp, checked the gun over and it was ready to come back to me. The very next day, I got a call from James of Kimber, who said that the gun was ready to be shipped back to the shop.

I have to say, the guys at Kimber through every step were very nice and easy to deal with. Overall, a great customer service experience for me, considering I bought the gun used, and they honored the warranty anyway. Big thumbs up for Kimber.

Ill update this thread ASAP with a range report.

Sounds good! Have you shot it yet? I wonder why the parts though would take three weeks to get there?

I also wonder what that means, doesn't Kimber make and stock the parts at the same location in NY, are they importing them now or do the parts come from another Kimber factory in another state? Does anyone know? Three weeks sounds like a long time even though it took two weeks for everything I am just curious as to what the deal might be with that.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry View Post
    Sounds good! Have you shot it yet? I wonder why the parts though would take three weeks to get there?

I also wonder what that means, doesn't Kimber make and stock the parts at the same location in NY, are they importing them now or do the parts come from another Kimber factory in another state? Does anyone know? Three weeks sounds like a long time even though it took two weeks for everything I am just curious as to what the deal might be with that.

Ti
    Haven't shot it yet. I'm anxious too, but probably wont get to the range until later next week.

I'm not sure why it took so long. I am assuming that Jimmy told me three weeks just in case it did actually take that long to get the slide, and/or get to working on it. I would think that they would have a full stock of parts on hand, but you never know. Thats just speculation on my part.

I will say this though, after a thorough cleaning, and inspection, shes feeling a lot smoother and tighter. Jimmy warned me that it would need a cleaning when I got it back. I'm not worried about it though, they honored the warranty. My biggest hopes are that the problem is cured, and that the sighting was as perfect as it was when it left for NY. This thing was spot on accurate.

Sponsored Links