Mil-Spec price check please.

This is a discussion on Mil-Spec price check please. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've gotta used Springfield Mil-spec in stainless on hold at a local shop. $480 with (1) mag shot through it. Owner traded it and another ...

Thread: Mil-Spec price check please.

Mil-Spec price check please.

I've gotta used Springfield Mil-spec in stainless on hold at a local shop. $480 with (1) mag shot through it. Owner traded it and another gun in on a Beretta . Anyway, I'm supposed to go look at it again at lunch. My buddy that works there said they haven't been able to get a mil-spec from Springfield in months, so the price might be a little more than average. Does it sound like a decent deal? Or should I pass on it? I did see one on gun broker (out of stock) that was $451 delivered. Plus my $25 transfer fee would be $476. That's also if they had it in stock.
    CARRY GUNS:
    S&W 638, Ruger LCP, Kimber Ultra CDP

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    That's the price (and availability) I found a few weeks ago. I stopped looking at Springfield and went with the new Taurus 1911. It's loaded for about the same money (Buds or Sportsman's Safari). ZERO regrets....she's smooth and fun to shoot!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

JD
    Administrator
    $480 is a little high, but in the acceptable price range. $450 is about what I would pay for a used Mil. Spec pending on overall condition.

If you walk in with cash, you may be able to barter the shop down a little bit.

If you can get them to go $480 out the door tax and back ground check included, take it.

Sounds decent to me. I haven't really been researching the current mil spec 1911 options recently except for the Taurus and Rock Island models. In my humble opinion, you could get one 'loaded', or 'tactical' in another brand for still under $500 OTD. The question is---are you willing to go the extra $ for the Springfield name and current market for that particular pistol? Stainless is somewhat of a plus IMO, but not for carry specifically.

Links