Defensive Carry banner

I Want One of These! :MagPul Prototype FMG-9

6K views 36 replies 33 participants last post by  dukalmighty 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#2 ·
Now there's a real good use for one of those 33 round magazines! Glock on!

#3 ·
That would be one Glock I would consider.

#4 ·
I saw these at the show, but could not fondle it as there was lots of people trying to fondle it at the same time, interesting little unit, will be a hit with the close protection teams that need more firepower but also can't be seen running around with Mac 10, MP5's.

#5 ·
Nice. Very nice. I wonder if they would sell it for different Glock receivers/caliber? Or maybe everything BUT the pistol. Can use one you already have.

Good thing I have Glocks instead of those other brands. What were they again? :image035:

#8 ·
if only

Love it BUT: (3) problems in Minnesota, and most other states.

Full auto? Not likely
CCW covers hand guns only
Not legal to carry any gun that does not look like a gun

sighhhh....still love the concept though.

#10 ·
I like it because it's a new category of firearm. The transformer.

We've all been conditioned to think "Oooh, its a full-auto, class 3, SBR, etc." All of those terms are political mumbo-jumbo designed to distract us from the fact that they are arms -- so that firepower can be subtracted from the people and added to the government. :scratchchin:

Back on topic: Whether practical or not, it's sure to be followed by improved designs, different sizes, calibers, etc. Thanks, MAGPUL! :uzi:

#15 ·
Hope I can get my hands on one before any AWB comes out. You know it'll be on the list.

#16 ·
Thats a great concept. Too bad it will fall under the SBR laws. My first thoughts are that it would be a great backpack or book bag gun for college student carry.

I would take one without full auto though.

Maybe after SCOTUS rules in our favor this year we can get some anti-self defense laws removed. :sigh:

#18 ·
Neat idea! Too bad about the BATFE and all....lots of rules means they'll probably never make it. Then again, if you had a shop and some tools you could probably make something similar - not sure of the legalities with that though. Probably you'd go to jail for a long time.

Austin

#23 ·
That is pretty slick. I can see the Secret Service and the other diplomatic protective services being very interested in something like that.

I know that the fellow said they have no plans to manufacture it but, if they got enough interest in the concept from the government, I am sure they could come up with some plans to mass produce it pretty quickly.

#30 ·
Is it just me or does that not look like the gun that kid used in Robocop?

That is pretty slick. I can see the Secret Service and the other diplomatic protective services being very interested in something like that.
It's not hard to conceal anything under those suits, particularly when they don't have to worry much about concealment. A fold-able weapon just means longer response time.

#24 ·
i wish congress would get those for the rapid deployment units. be great to have in a combat survival kit. throw one in a claymore bag along w/ the other esentials.

#25 ·
Still want one of those. :biggrin2:

Honestly, I think if enough folks get on board with it Magpul would deliver. With Bushmaster already assisting on their ACR project, it's conceivable they could be contracted to assist in any mass-producing effort of this little sucker, if the help is needed. Would something like that require the OK of Glock? I'm reminded of the Kel-Tec dude that used Glock pistol mags, and I've wondered the same about them, too...

-B

#27 ·
If i can get it in Semi then I am ready to order now,(well once i clear it with the wife)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.