Volkmann Custom?

This is a discussion on Volkmann Custom? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Does anyone know anything about Volkmann Custom? They do 1911's only, and their prices seem a bit on the "very outrageous" side, but I'm curious ...

Thread: Volkmann Custom?

Volkmann Custom?

Does anyone know anything about Volkmann Custom? They do 1911's only, and their prices seem a bit on the "very outrageous" side, but I'm curious whether or not anyone has any experience with 'em. Their website is here: Volkmann Custom Inc
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

2. Remove Ads

I don't know anything about Volkmann, but it appears they truly do custom hand-built work. If that's true (and Lord knows there are enough 1911 gurus here to fill you in and whether they're up to snuff or not) and if it's high quality, their prices appear to be in line with what other custom shops charge for similar work (Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, Les Baer, Ed Brown, just to name a few). Even well known semi-custom shops are charging $1,500 - $2K (Springfield and Kimber for example) for comparable products.

Plan B

Quote Originally Posted by Plan B View Post
    I don't know anything about Volkmann, but it appears they truly do custom hand-built work. If that's true (and Lord knows there are enough 1911 gurus here to fill you in and whether they're up to snuff or not) and if it's high quality, their prices appear to be in line with what other custom shops charge for similar work (Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, Les Baer, Ed Brown, just to name a few). Even well known semi-custom shops are charging $1,500 - $2K (Springfield and Kimber for example) for comparable products.

Plan B
    Part of my quandry with them is that they LOOK great, the quality SEEMS good from what I've handled (they're in my backyard)... but it's hard to judge actual quality without extensive handling. I can't find anyone who's handled one extensively.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

I've never even heard of them and I thought I had every 1911 builder down.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    I've never even heard of them and I thought I had every 1911 builder down.
    I'm meeting with the gunsmith tomorrow. Gonna see about a CCO version.

Links